Are curvy/chubby women more picky about the type of bodies they prefer on men?

Most of the time I see skinny women being called shallow, because they only want to date guys who are in shape. This is completely false in my experience as a skinny guy. Lots of skinny girls are attracted to me. In fact, 99% of all girls who were attracted to me were skinny. This brings me to the conclusion that skinny girls are less shallow than curvier girls. Pretty strange considering that thin women are usually thought as more attractive compared to curvy women.
  • Yes, curvier ladies are more shallow, they want guys who are muscular and they hate skinny guys.
  • No, they are not.

101

Most Helpful Girl

• As a woman with curves, I think the issue isn't the body shape, but rather that I prefer being more petite than whomever I'm dating. So if the person is very tall and skinny, I'd still feel smaller than him. If he's short and skinny, I would feel much bigger than him, and I don't like that. I generally date guys of average height and average build. I have dated muscular guys and bigger guys too, but most men are average, so that's the biggest pool to choose from. I guess it's a bit of a gendered thing, I should probably try to be more conscious of it and work on it.

tl;dr, It's not necessarily being picky, it's just wanting to feel smaller than my partner.

• Skinny women don't have such an issue, so yeah, you are more picky.

• Skinny women have that issue too. Which is why women tend to like taller guys. As a short skinny guy, you're just not high on the priority list for most women. Being picky and having a preference isn't the same thing.

• Speak for yourself, I have no problem attracting thin women.

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen, stop using your experiences as a facts. There are not the only experiences in the world.