Why do men prefer shorter women? And why do women prefer taller men?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Women want to feel protected and men want to feel they can protect. It's a win-win. It's definitely higher on the list of preferences for women though, and a lot of men really only prefer shorter women because they know that almost all women prefer taller guys. Everyone wants to be attractive to the person they love after all

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• because most women are shorter, however there is nothing stopping them from finding and wanting to go out with a tall woman. They are out there but they choose women who are short than them. I don't know guys always talk about how women don't want short men but they don't say anything about guys who don't want tall women.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've tried going after guys who are shorter than me or around my height and I've got rejected before due to me being too tall for them, so now I mainly go for taller guys and I actually got good results doing that. (I'm 6'2 by the way if you're wondering) When it comes to preference I prefer taller men because I feel less awkward and uncomfortable when being by women near my height or a guy who is decently taller than me. That's one of the things that attracted me to my boyfriend.

1|0
    0|1
    • Really, 6.2 I am 5,11 I would love someone tall to explore... I think long toned legs turn me on... love the way

• @sunnysure Well, guys keep saying that but most guys I meet want to date someone shorter than him. I get why, but it still sucks.

• Instincts. Women want to feel safe and men want to feel protective. That might not be really necessary nowadays but height gives you the illusion of that.

2|0
    0|1
  • Height is so irrelevant to me. I can't believe people make this a deciding factor 🤦

I heard its because of this feeling of being protected for women. Remember women are wired for the feels and emotions.
    As for guys? Probably a dominance ego type for them. But I'm not sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im very tall (6'1) but short guys are sexy in my opinion

0|5
    0|1
  • I prefer to have a woman I can actually be the man for. Don't get me wrong I am 6'1" and weight 215lbs "buff". I think it's to me some kind of basic form of primitive "I wanna protect her". Anyways it's funnier for sexy time also to be more able to "handle" her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't mind dating tall women. However I didn't know any that was taller than me. My wife likes my height she just says she feel warm and safe when I hold her or have my arm around her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer taller men because I'm 5'9 and never get to lean up to kiss guys and I love being able to feel short and have to lean up to kiss them.

1|0
    0|2
  • I don't care how tall a girl is, but women will rarely date anyone shorter than them because they feel more secure and safe that way, I'm pretty sure it's just an instinct for women to want bigger men

1|0
    0|0
  • Smaller woman gives you a larger power dynamic, by the fact you basically tower over them. They're smaller and lighter, and thus give you more of a protective/dominant feeling.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because it’s natural, Jesus, does everything in life need a diagram these days?

1|0
    0|1
    • Either it's not or I'm the exception

• Women are shorter by nature. If men weren’t attracted to shorter woman the whole race would be screwed.

The human race isn’t one where the woman is 4 times the size as the man by nature. Look into nature and their typical heights and sizes.

• Nuh. I'm going to prepare for my exams instead.

I don't believe any of this.

• I don't prefer shorter women. I like mine tall and graceful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if the guy is tall they prefer short women...
    And if the girl is short they prefer tall men...
    A lot of people dont want the same as their height i think

0|0
    0|0
  • I love to look up to a man. Tall men are sexy as hell!

0|0
    0|1
  • Not really sure about the first question, but being a tall male is often socially accepted as an attractive and respected trait.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer short girls they seems cute but im pretty average in terms of height 5'5 and some tall ladies like me because they find it cute

0|0
    0|0
  • In the psyche is a tall guy a guardian, and the short girl is the one the guy can guard... simple

0|1
    0|0
  • Men are natural protectors and women naturally seek out a protector

1|1
    0|0
  • Dunno. I just think it's weird if I date a girl taller than me cuz I'm 6ft 2 xD

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm under averagely tall, 171.5 cm, but I just want to feel like I can do something for my girl and just wrap my arms around her

0|0
    0|0
  • Taller men are easiest one to hug because when we do we lie on their shoulders which is kinda romantic

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree that that is the rule, but I’m definitely an exception to the rule. I love tall women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well for me shorter women are cuter not always but most of the times

0|0
    0|0
  • Well in particular for me, I just find shorter women really cute.

As for girls liking taller guys, I assume it's because they think it's hot or it's just natural for them. Women are (at least physically) generally the weaker sex on average so of course they'd be hardwired to go for someone taller than them as a natural protection instinct.

Not saying all women need protecting or that all women want tall guys to protect em, I'm just saying it might be part of the more natural/animalistic part of their brain working there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im really short. Too bad the guy i like likes tall girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im 5'4" myself, im lucky to find a shorter girl. I dont want to go on my tip toes to kiss a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • It feels right

0|0
    0|1
  • Biology and nature

1|0
    0|1
  • Provider instinct?

0|0
    0|1
  • Because that's life lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it’s natural

0|0
    0|1
  • Short ones are easier to pin down or chain up

0|0
    0|3
  • Protectors/protected.

0|0
    0|0
    • You know like guys like to protect it makes you feel good/needed. Girls same thing.

• Shorter women are easier to spoon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shorter women are more attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • Passive and dominant

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't, I like both for different reasons

0|0
    0|0
  • Who told you that? I'd love to find a tall woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's natural
    We always want what we don't have

0|0
    0|0
  • I am short man but Love tall women.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are judgmental.

0|1
    0|0