In general, are you a fast or slow learner?

When you learn something new - does it take you a while to grasp it, or do you absorb and retain what you learn very quickly?In general, are you a fast or slow learner?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Both lol. At first I seem like I’m a complete retard. But after a certain point I gain mastery over things super fast. I kind of hate it. If people see me right at the start, they will think I’m stupid. But if they stick around a bit longer, they think I’m a genius and people get jealous. I hate when people think I’m better than them. I’m not. I’m just a nerd who loves to learn. I’m curious as fuck and I want to know everything. That’s all I think it is. Really I’m a dumb fuck, but I know so much shit that I’m able to connect a lot of things and that helps me. I don’t know lol. When I was a kid I was always the best in class, except for the one actual genius kid who would just shit on everyone ya know? So I was like top 1% while the actual genius kids were like.01% if that makes sense.

I don’t know what to think of myself reallly. Sometimes I feel like a complete retard. But that will offend people who think of me as smarter than them. But I don’t think I am.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the subject and how interested I am in it but generally I pick up on new concepts fairly quickly. It depends a lot on the teacher too though, assuming someone is helping me and I'm not learning on my own.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• I can learn very quickly if the task is something that I can practice. As for things that don't happen to often, it will take me a considerably long period of time. I'm not a genius, I just work hard when presented with a new challenge and practice until I've mastered it, so if I can't practice it then I can't learn as quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
    • I really am a slow learner. It takes me a while to understand directions, instructions and concepts a triple threat.

• I am incredibly fast at learning and mastering new things. For example, I had never painted before in my life. But within 4 months, I was painting at almost Bob Ross' level. Which is astonishingly fast.
    Math is the one exception, there's no hope for me there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast learner when
    -Learning something is required on my job
    -It's within my interest

Slow learner when
    -Trying to learn something I may not use in the foreseeable future
    -Trying to make me learn something I'm not interested with
    -By having a boring and/or bad teacher/instructor.

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on what I am learning.
    I am great at math and science. But I do poorly in grammar and history. Also languages. I can pick up small phrases easily. But I can't learn a whole language much at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to take my time at the beginning so I can digest all the details and see how they fit together.. there's a saying in the Army "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Take your time and understand what you're doing. Before you know it, you'll be extremely proficient at what you're learning.

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on what the subnect matter is. Automotive or wood working i graspe in a few minutes history. Not intrested in so it takes awhile to learn it

0|0
    0|0
  • I am an average learner. I tend to absorb knowledge rather quickly, but it takes me a little while to apply the knowledge, and to be comfortable/confident in doing it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the subject. If it is history, I can read through it three times and ace an exam 6 months later about it.

If it's biology, it requires much more practice and time on my part.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast. I see word. I make a link from that image to something in my brain. I remember it for minimum the Next 5 Years. It takes time and practice. If I don’t make a link, I don’t remember it

0|0
    0|0
  • Average, but I'm good at making vital skills or into into permanent knowledge.
    My short term memory is a disaster, I'm very absent minded :o

0|0
    0|0
  • Extremely fast learner. I basically learn instantly if i have the slightest interest in the subject. Shoots straight into my long term memory.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometime pepole contribute a lot in this , my teacher use to say i grasp really fast and I believed , yes I'm fast learner

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on if I'm interested in the topic or subject.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a quick learner, but problem is my memory isn't the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • fast at what i really want to learn but slow at things im not in a rush to learn

0|0
    0|0
  • Purely situational. I can learn technical data fast, but many things done right can take time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a fast learner provided I find the topic interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends to be honest lol. In math i’m a slow learner but in reading it’s the opposite

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the topic I have no problem letting others know I'm not understanding

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• Depends on what it is I'm learning.
    Usually I pick up sports and games really fast. Playing instruments (the basics) too. But I think that's partly because I have learned to play the piano at a young age (so I'm pretty good at that)

But in school, I'm definetely a slow learner

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's academic - I'm a fast learner.
    But when it comes to learning from my mistakes I'm a reaaally slow learner

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation. If its hands on learning i only need to do it once, if it's just instruction it needs to be gone through a few times before I can remember

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on what it is slow if it's maths r learning something on paper but really fast when it's a hands on job ☺

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what is topic is. I self taught my self to play video games and Ambidextrous. In school I have learn fast pn. CT and Sport like net ball.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its something im passionate about, I'll literally learn everything i can learn about it in the night.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast, I could remember (nearly) everything by reading it once or twice.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the topic. When the topic is interesting, I’m a fast learner but when the topic is boring, I’m a slow learner

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what it is but i mostly go slow so i can take in details.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its relative. We learn fast what we like and take forever to remember shitty things

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend to catch on pretty quickly most times. Sometimes tho I learn better by doing whatever it is, rather than being shown.

0|0
    0|0
  • Quite slow I need practical as well as theory or visual learning

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a very low learner

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast learner...

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast learner