Do you think goku is overpowered and too hyped?

I think the writers just give him too much powerDo you think goku is overpowered and too hyped??Do you think goku is overpowered and too hyped??

222

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 21

• They made Superman too overpowered. Goku is still not the strongest in his universe. There are angels and the omniking. His is always a fight to overcome adversity. It's that and the fact that he's just cooler than superman in every way that brings more people to like him more. However, superman would probably win in a deathmatch, because western ideas have no originality and just gave him all the powers and made him into an invincible character.

• Considering he died several times, I'd say no. But he's too powerful for sure.

https://youtu.be/0MW9Nrg_kZU

• It is innevitable with these kind of stories. Look at Superman, after 80 years of power creep and one-upping himself he can do too much so they had to write in stupid trump cards to create some form of actual conflict, like kryptonite and magic and shit.

• No, I think kale and caulifa is overpowered because they learned how to go super Saiyan really quickly

• Goku is most powerful. Unfortunately my mom didn't let me watch cartoons. She says they are ants & insects (kide makode).

• In the same sense that Superman is, yeah. Like the only way Cell is beat by anybody But him is if he just lets his son do it. But I mean, I don't mind that much. To me he represents the best of nurture vs. nature. He's programmed to be sent to a planet and kill literally everyone there from infancy on, as a low level Saiyan with not many combative prospects. But he hits his fuckin head on a rock, and some sweet old dude with values takes on raising him in the wilderness & he comes to embrace these humanistic values & inner discipline that elevates him to the status of hero for more planets than even the one he was sent to destroy. I like him as a character & even if he is overpowered, sometimes that isn't just totally boring.

• Going even further beyond! .. Yeah, but kids love seeing someone that beats all odds when hope seems lost. It's a good way of telling them that even when a situation seems hopeless there's always a way out.

• Also, since he is multiple times stronger than a god of destruction now after this arc of super he should be able to erase a universe in 3 hits..

Remember when he transformed using the power of 5 saiyans at the start of super and fought beerus? They were on the verge of destroying the universe by clashing like 3 times. So that roughly means that he needed 6 hits to destroy the universe in that state.

Well, Jiren is stronger than Toppo who is also a god of destruction, so one or two clashes of Jiren and the in the end stronger Goku should do away with a universe..

Imagine him fusing with Vegeta and powering up using 5 saiyans now.. Yeah.. His fart would destroy the universe at that point.

• Thats how powerful dragon ball characters are than any other show ever created

• The introduction of Jiren killed dragonball, making anything that is used to defeat him overpowered and boring.

• No way! I can't wait to see mastered ultra-instinct form animated

• i mean he can summon those huge power bombs or whatever so i'd say that's pretty powerful

• Goku is overpowered but, underrated. I hear crap that Superman will beat Goku.

• It was still a close fight with jiren which he technically lost

• By no means over hype or overpowered especially compared to other characters of fiction that are not even mainstream. Not even cosmic armor superman or Odin Force Thor is overpowered in terms of all of fiction. Though the fan base and childish arguments do make these characters look bad bc those are the only thing these people care about and not that hey its 2018 and liking comics/mangas/videogames isn't a bad thing like it was in the 30s-90s. Can we just say we are finally at a time where these what if screnrio has inspired people to make there own shows

• Definitely not compared to some marvel and DC characters he's not even top top tier.

• Cmon dude. No marvel or dc character can beat him

• I don't know Lol. I argue this a lot with my pals. I don't think they would beat him but goku is definitely going to have a great battle with them.

• Name one character you talk about

• 1 punch man takes the cake with overpowered

• LOL
    ya he is overpowered hahaha

• yeah sure

• Agreed 🙌

• Nah spongebob could beat goku

• Nah, Superman Prime.

• Same thing happened to superman in the 60s. Stories aren't interesting if the protagonist doesn't have limits