Is there one half of your family that just doesn't hang out with you very much at all?

Any time we had some kind of family get together, b-days, holidays or just having a yard party, it was ALWAYS mom's side of the family that came over for the event and hung out with us all evening or, we'd go to their place. Dad's side of the family NEVER bothered with us unless they wanted to come for a swim which was maybe once every couple years. One aunt & uncle on dad's side lived a block away from us but they never came up for festivities. Another was only about 6 miles away and we never saw them unless there was a BIG shindig of some sort on dad's side of the family, like, once every 5 or 10 years. As a kid, I'd go visit them on my bike every few weeks but they never came to hang with us. Another lived about 8 miles away, we almost never saw them. I can understand Howard and Shirley not coming very often, they lived nearly 3000 miles away.

Post Opinion