Underwear Sales Are Up, Up, Up!

I work at a national department store chain whose name I will leave off. I have worked here for almost 5 years now doing everything from stocking shelves to working the cash register. I wanted to take a moment to share with others this revelation I had about men's underwear.

When I first started working at this department store, men's underwear was just another thing to stock. You had your boxers, boxer briefs and a small assortment of briefs. About a year ago however, I noticed something different when working in the men's section...all of a sudden there were new styles of men's underwear for sale. The amount of briefs we started carrying tripled and stylish jocks and thongs made their debut on our shelves.

I laughed with my coworker as we both joked that no guy would ever purchase these but as the days turned into weeks and weeks into months I found myself sorely mistaken! I was ringing men up on an almost daily basis who were purchasing these jocks, briefs and thongs. Who would have thought that men would be interested in wearing these styles?!??

I finally had to ask one of my customers what the draw was. He said, "they are very supportive, that his fiancee liked them and they made him feel good about himself." okay fair enough, I guess guys should have more choices when it comes to clothes, I like to think of myself as a pretty open 21st century woman.

I noticed that over time I started picturing some of the customers in their skiivies and I must admit it did get me a little hot and bothered. I decided to purchase and gift two jocks to my boyfriend and after a strange few looks he agreed to try them on. Well turns out I got more than just a little hot and bothered when he slipped them on. He looked so masculine like a professional baseball player! So now going forward my boyfriend has worked in a few different styles into his underwear collection and I must say I am a very happy lady :)

So from someone who has first hand experience selling and stocking men's underwear I can tell you that men are starting to branch out and care more about how they look in the underwear department. Sales are up, up, up and women's enthusiasm (like mine) should also be up, up, up.

Some examples of the underwear:

Underwear sales are up, up, up!

1928

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 27

• That actually looks horribly uncomfortable

• Men's care products like shampoo for men, scented body wash for men and well pretty much anything that related to beauty products get a "for men" or something similar are on the rise too. In fact, it is growing so much the manufacturers are scrambling to keep up with the demand.

Yes, ladies... Men are getttting prettier and smell better too. *invests in beauty products for men*

Now that last pair of underwear is just crazy. I will stick to the cheap and comfortable one.

• They're getting prettier and more feminine. The beauty care industry is laughing all the way to the bank for shilling their half-truths, lies and scams to both sexes.

• What a fun, great myTake. Thanks for sharing this. You have direct knowledge of what's happening out there. The best jocks though have an "anatomically designed" pouch that actually has a smaller separate pouch for the penis. Who knew right? Yeah, I've got a couple! lol :)

• Anatomically designed pouch? I can't say I have seen any of those at our store. Any examples you can share?

• There's a brand called Ergowear. Just Google Ergowear jocks. I've got a couple of them, and they're the most comfortable support pouchs I've worn. :)

• I don't mind the thought of going a bit more stylish in the underwear department but the second pic might be a step too far - I once bought male thongs by mistake (long story) and OMG they were so uncomfortable - It might be my age but comfort comes first these days.

• sadly, pride does not.

• They're uncomfortable in general. I tried my first thong at 16 and I didn't like it. I am used to a string up my ass now

• Looks very much like jock straps which were required in all the sports I did in high school. I think they were required in PE also, which means every guy in school wore them. However we usually wore regular underwear over top of them.

• The second pair you don't even need to take off to go poo! this truly is the future!

• NO FUCKING WAY I'M GONNA WEAR IT. I'll get nightmares of getting my ass drilled.

• I think underwear you posted is mainly popular in for gay people tbh. But ya I'm all about high quality (I. e. CK) underwear, not boxers like kids wear lol

• I don't buy that any straight man wears that kind of underwear. That is really pathetic. and just what I wanted to see, some guys ass and junk.. lets see the skimpy women underwear lol..

• I am just reporting what I see in the store, you may be surprised, I was too! It's not like you see people's underwear, people could be wearing them around you, you wouldn't know. It's not like people talk about their underwear with strangers. All I can say is... they sell.

• well.. I'm glad I'm old is all I can say... lol

• Jesus I scrolled right into those pictures at the bottom there. Yech. You just look at that and think, women do get a shitty deal in life. Fancy having to screw a guy all the time. Fuck that. I'd rather join the Buddhist monks and celebrate restraint from sex all together. Why would guys want to dress in those things. Need a bit of room. The baggier the better in my opinion

• Interesting...

• The one below looks utterly uncomfortable. The one above might be okay depending upon how much coverage there was on the backside.

• jeez what store is this at.. i have switched to wearing womans instead of mens for the syles and fabrics and i really enjoy wearing panties every day... i do have a couple mens bikini and thongs but womens bikini hi cut or cheekini even the right thong are also very comfy

• no thanks, I'll stick to the boxer briefs.

• haha so strange but I suppose they're right they do provide good support. I prefer boxer briefs that give coverage but also some support. I would never wear a thong though! I do wear jockstraps for athletic activities where you just need more support or if I need to wear a protective cup

• and this is why i don't keep up with fashion.

• ehm, I'm sorry but I think I'll stay with my regular boxer briefs, lol.

• o damn I gotta try these new underwears.
    Which ones are the worst ones and less attractive to wear, in your opinion?

• I rather see underwear go Down, Down, Down!

• Lol what.. it looks like strippers..

• Well that's how women's thongs started out. Before they were mainstream and available in everystore they were first used by strippers so I can see why you would associate the two. Men's underwear hasn't had the time to permeate Pop culture like the women's version has that's why men's may get associated with strippers more than females

• Hmm yea.. i would be shy to put them on lol. if they were covered from the bottom and open in the front, i would wear them for my girlfriend in the bedroom only.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 18

• I'll admit that I love it when a guy takes care of himself. I don't expect a model or for him to wear brand name clothes. But it's nice when a guy puts in effort. I like to wear nice clothes. And while I am not perfect myself, I love it when a guy doesn't think it's acceptable to wear underwear that is well worn and has stains. It just turns me right off.

Same with all clothes in general. A guy wearing well-fitting clothes is much more attractive than a guy who could care less if his pants are dragging on the ground and have lots of holes and stains.

I think the underwear trend is both exciting on my end and also a good thing to see. Women are expected to have nice underwear, so why not men?

• They look incredibly gay.
    I wouldn't want my guy wearing that

• Pretty sure that's gay men's underwear preference you are showing. I get my guy boxer briefs which are his fav.

• I don't really see the appeal.

• Lmao I don't see how they would even be comfortable. Looks like some sort of bdsm type of stuff.

• I'd agree and say how could men wear that they dont look comfortable but then I 'd look in my own underwear drawer and realise I wear tons of undies that aren't exactly comfy either Hahahaha

• Lol well see, all my undies are boyshorts or briefs.

• Where do you sell these?

• WTF!! the last one made me giggle so much.

• Hmm interesting

• Guys in European countries are very into this style.

• Mmmm jockstraps😍

• Unless he is stripping I'm not into it. Plus I'm sure Its the gay/bi community buying it

• while I kinda, sorta like these in the front, they look really awkward/unflattering on the ass

• my boyfriend wears armani

• Its sorta weird and hot AF at the same time @Notreallyhere especially the 2nd one...

• Awesome, now I know what to get my fiance for his birthday!
    Hahaha, just kiddin'.

• Oh my god that's horrible do you work in a sex shop? or maybe your into gay stuff cause that is just ew

• Nope I work at a department store and not sure what "me some how being into gay stuff" has to do with the types of underwear our customers buy

• if my shop was sale things like that i would just go somewhere else

• My fiance has a few thongs.

I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face when he first wore one for me because of how "out-of-left-field" It was, I never saw a man wearing so little (aside from being naked) in person before, I thought that he might be secretly gay at first, but I actually started to enjoy it and I'm now probably in the minority here when I say that I find it really sexy when a man who's in killer shape has the confidence to pull that look off.

I love how it both accentuates his abs and highlights his package while giving my hands easy access to the prize inside :P Lately me and my guy spend quality time together in our thongs and nothing else when we're alone together in our house, a LOT of kinky shit tends to happen as a result.

• Any guy that wear those will look disgusting. I dont like how the bulge is so obvious

• "I can tell you that men are starting to branch out "
    by men... you mean your boyfriend? why are you telling us this? why should we be concerned about what kind of strange things your boyfriend enjoys wearing?

• This isn't specifically about my significant other, I think you missed the point. He was just a small detour on a bigger point that plenty of customers (people I don't personally know) are buying a wider array of underwear styles. I thought this was something interesting to share with people since it's more widely believed that men only wear boxers or boxer briefs.

• if you say so, but it sounded like you were deducing that guys are starting wear these strange kind of underwear just because you know your boyfriend does

• What about the part that says I work at a department store and see men purchasing them? Or do you only know how to read certain words?