Ladies do you feel differently when wearing a choker vs wearing a regular necklace? Guys do you see girls differently based on their necklace?

Ladies do you feel differently when wearing a choker vs wearing a regular necklace? Guys do you see girls differently based on their necklace?
I asked three of my female friends and they said that they feel more regal when wearing a light choker vs when they wear a normal necklace which they admit they sometimes forget about.

As for if I see a girl differently based on if she has a light choker or necklace. It usually actually has to do with what she normally wears. If she wears a choker and her normal clothes then I kind of think that she is dressing down when she wears just a normal necklace. Because there is less attention drawn to it. If she normally wears a necklace normally and she only changes the necklace for a choker that I kind of think that she is dressing up a bit.

That probably has to do with what I learned about a girl wearing a light choker. They are more regal, and rare so it gets usually put up higher on the status scale.

What do you think and feel?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Both can be casual it all depends on the kind of necklace and chocker it is

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• No, I wear chocker everytime I go out and no guys ever saw me differently. In France choker have a really basic name with no sexual connotation or anything so it's just see as a regular necklace.

0|1
    0|0
    • Interesting how they are viewed differently in different parts of the world.

• I think the name (what we called it) as a big impact on the perception.

• A tad bc I don't want people getting the wrong idea but in the end its just a necklace that I like

0|1
    0|0
    • What is a tad? What would poeple get the wrong idea about?

• Show All
    • o yeah well really most poeple here look at them as classy unless they don't look classy and look like a dog collar. My coworker who is in highschool decided that she would see how people reacted when she wore her own dog's collar. Bad idea

• Yea that back fired lol

• Depends on the choker but 90% of them look pretty trashy to me, but each to their own.
    I can't see "regal" at all in it sorry

0|0
    0|0
    • Well what about classy?

• Show All
    • Everyone has different preferences 😊 All that matters is people feel happy and confident in what they wear

• very true

• I would hate wearing a choker, since I really dislike it on me

0|0
    0|0
    • Any particular reason that you don't like it on you, or you just don't like the feel of it.

• I just don't like how it looks. It reminds me of a dog collar or something

• I don't wear chokers.

0|1
    0|0
    • Hm really? Lol I thought you might wear a dog collar every once in a while.

• Show All
    • I know but from your comments and stuff I just thought you might. What are the difference in your collars mean?

• Well collars are more to show ownership. Like when you'd put a collar on a pet. A choker was originally worn to show others you're a prostitute.

• I hate chokers honestly

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• When I see a girl with a choker, I immediately think she's a little slut.

I might be wrong, but thats the impression it gives me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes