Men's Accessories: Yay or Nay?

Men's Accessories: Yay or Nay?
It's a topic that some guys struggle with because some don't know what to wear in terms of accessories.

What is your opinion on men's accessories? Is there a certain type of accessory you like? Like a nice watch or bracelet, or maybe even a necklace. What would you consider too much for a man? Do you like a man all spa-dazzled in bling? Or with a little? Or none?

What is an accessory that you do NOT like to see on a man? Men must know! And also, guys, share your opinions on all of this too so we can get a general idea on what other guys may think!

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yay. I'm fine with most accessories really, as long as they work with the outfit. Not a huge fan of piercings though. So a nice bracelet, a watch, or a pair of sunglasses is cool. Anything that's too flashy (think: rappers) is not as cool, though. You don't want to look like a pimp.

0|0
    0|0
    • I like when my boyfriend wears some accessories. I often make some lapel pins for him like those on
      I design them all myself which is cool and he likes them a lot :) But I thinkg that such things are not for everyone...

Most Helpful Guy

• Men's accessory's are the following

Wallets
    Glasses
    Watches both pocket watch and wrist watch
    Tie Clips
    Cuff-links
    Bow Ties
    Normal Ties
    A single ring to wear on his none wedding hand ring finger and or his wedding ring.
    Cologne
    Zippo Lighters
    Lapel Pin
    Notebook
    Lock Pick
    Pocket Knife
    Handkerchief
    Belt Buckle
    Hat ( Fedora for full suit only and cowboy hat if you live in the country )

They're classic, they're simple and they do not fail.

And in my opinion a man should never be without the following accessories on his person at all times after he wakes up.

Cologne dabbed on.
    Pocket knife
    Watch
    Wallet
    Handkerchief.
    Zippo Lighter
    If your me
    ( tobacco pouch or cigar/cigarette case for my smaller cigarillos )

Things to avoid.

Chains/Earrings: Your not a rapper and your not nsync back when they were relevant.

Gold: Avoid full gold items most of the time with the exception of a ring, opt out instead for something like a sterling silver watch with some gold around the band and or the actual clock part of the watch. It's simple, classy and practical.

Plus mostly silver with a little gold or full silver tends to go with most colours that someone would wear like black, grey, navy, dark green etc. Gold tie-clips/Tie-Bar or cuff-links is perfectly fine though.

Fedoras with casual clothing to be worn with a full suit only.

Overly designed and intricate accessories, for the most part keep it simple.

Like this, simple, classy, nicely made but it's not over the top design wise.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8e8ddb98bb.jpg

1|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 40

• I like watches on men :) but thats it i don't like jewelry on guys..
    though sunglasses can look good :D

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the things shown in the photo below! Rings are really pretty on nice hand and necklaces too but it totally depends of the type you are. I got a friend who likes to wear a lot of this stuff but he's like a hippie and it really fits him and is sexy. On my boyfriend it would maybe look strange.
    One thing i do really hate is sunglasses with mirror glasses!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like bling on guys, like diamonds/chrystals and large gold chains and necklaces. I'm not very bling bling myself, I like jewelry but I keep it simple, I'd prefer a guy to be simple about it as well.
    Otherwise I don't mind as long as he doesn't look too metrosexual. A watch looks really good on a guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally, I think watches look really elegant on a man, maybe because hands are a very attractive part in a guy. Other than that, some guys can also pull off a cute beanie or scarf pretty well, those look dashing on men too. I'm a little turned off by chains or earrings tbh, chains especially because i don't think i've met a guy who can actually pull that off without looking creepy lol.. Hipster nerd glasses are hot too. same goes for aviators.

0|1
    0|0
  • I HATE headphones: I think it makes everyone look like a moron, and bearing in mind I was a music student although I know the benefits they are just so ugly.

Sadly I have to live with it. My boyfriend always wears headphones.

1|0
    1|1
    • @Hidden_P depends on the headset. I dont wear headphones. I wear bluetooth ear buds that are attached to a white neckpiece that you wear around your neck. (thats where the volume, fast forward, mute, etc buttons. Its actually a stylish accessory that i also have a few different styles n colors. Change with wardrobe... like any other accessory.

• Ear buds are different to headphones. Headphones have a band over the head.

I never mentioned ear buds, in ear phones, Bluetooth headsets, etc. I said HEADphones

• Oh yeah... sorry I do realize the difference but in my own head and even in some adv. thet call em headsets. But you're 100 % right.

• I like accessories on men, if they're well matched, from glasses to rings, headphones, even earrings. Actually guys with ear piercing have always gotten my attention. But it's a matter of style, so I wouldn't mind any, I wouldn't mind a lot, if they're well matched.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yaaayyy 100%. I love when a guy wears diamond earrings , and a gold or silver chain/necklace or watch. I think almost all men look good with these

1|0
    0|0
  • I like accessories. I like watches. And jewelry is nice but it has to be masculine. Like a nice chunky silver bracelet.
    On younger men my age and around, I have a weird thing for hats and beanies.
    I can't think of anything particular i don't like. Just don't don too much and make sure it's simple. I hate rings that are too bug and animated. Like, those versace rings with the huge Medusa head. I like a simple silver band much more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Likes: Sunglasses, watches, neckties, tie clips, cufflinks, tasteful-looking jewelry (i. e. necklace, bracelet), pocket squares (for the appropriate apparel and occasion)
    Dislikes: Man purses (a. k. a. murses)

To me, glasses and wallets are more like necessities, not so much accessories.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only accessories I like on a man are a watch, cufflinks and a wedding ring if married. I can't stand necklaces that look like a stolen hood ornament!

0|1
    0|0
  • If he likes any accessory let him wear it I say. I'm not one to tell you what you can and can't wear. Personally, the best accessory is a tattoo or piercing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont have a problem with any accessory if it matches the outfit. If its not a genuine girl accessory I'm okay. Necklace is a little touch and go cause the ones I see are cheesy

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like to much bling on a guy. maybe like a small chain necklace and stud earrings is fine with me. But big shiny stuff on, nah I'll pass would make me think your to materialistic.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love accessories on men! Unless they wear both a bracelet and earrings, or earrings and necklace. A classy watch is always a win-win, otherwise I care about clothes more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watches, sunglasses and a nice wallet are great. Glasses can be good depending on the guy.
    I hate gold chains, bracelets, earrings, other piercings and tattoos. Guys are sexiest when it stays simple.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it when a guy wears earrings, multiple rings and silver/ gold chains... Its a turn off. Paper Gangster. 👎

0|1
    0|0
  • Likes: sunglasses, simple dog tag or chain necklace, as long as its not huge i dont really care
    Depends: man purses (has to have a good reason)
    Dislikes: manbuns

0|0
    0|0
  • guys should have more confidence in what they think looks good. It's not what you wear it's how u wear it. (believe me I'm a fashion designer :)!)

0|2
    0|1
    • very true, I would give you a upvote but I dont like bats

• Show All
    • well I can't deny that :)

• I agree, I rock some eccentric ass stuff (look at my two profile pics)... and I feel that *I* look good with my accessories. 😎

• not to be mean, but do you NEED these? a toolbelt is nice (only my opinion)

0|0
    0|0
  • my boyfriend has chains watches gages and earings and he can rock ever single one he wears. he looks extremely sexy every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yay! I like a well dressed man with an accessory or two.

0|0
    0|0
  • That looks cool would it make me look weird if I bought it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If my man didn't wear accessories, I'd tie him up until he agreed to wear them

0|1
    0|0
    • lol gl with that

• Show All
    • Because that's assault and attempted murder or murder if he dies which he will unless he gets help quickly. Cheating is a douchey thing to do but you are fucking crazy.

• @Lynx122 Me? Crazy? Uh, no. He's crazier than me if he really thought he was gonna get away with cheating on me.

• I'd say yay for sure. A watch, sunglasses, wallet and stuff is sexy

0|0
    0|0
    • Bracelets are fine as well, but thick necklaces are a bit too flashy and wannabe-gangster

• definitely a yay, but i dont like to see men with earrings

0|0
    0|0
  • of the listed above, sunglasses, watch, headphones... things like that are good other things are not

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that isn't overly worn hahah but i do hate piercings

0|0
    0|0
  • Sexy!!! Black rectangular glasses, beanies, watches... oh lord yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not :)

0|0
    0|0
  • a chain necklace is great but dont over do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 54

• things i must have on me...
    sunglass
    phone
    headset
    wallet
    baseball cap (optional)
    bracelet (optional)
    necklace /chain (optional)
    ring (s) optional
    cell phone/headset charging cable (optional)

never have all of them. but every time i leave my house i have the first 4-5 items. n usually 1 or 2 of the other things. oh yeah n i always have house keys.

0|0
    0|0
    • thanks @CubsterShura i forgot earrings... it's like theyre part of my body. i dont change them every day cept for fashion r occasion but its kinda subconscious. but sunglasses i have around 22 pairs and i def choose which ones i wear to go with whatever clothes im wearing... also no watch cuz its on my phone...

• Show All
    • You're the human version of a tote bag. ._.

• @CubsterShura hahaha... thanks !

• I'm not a fan of accessories myself. I mean, when dressing up, a bowtie goes great with a dress shirt and a sweater vest, and of course a tie is always formal. For casual wear, though, if it's not functional, I think it's silly. If it is functional, it's useful and I'm down for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation, clubbing I like fancy rings, big boots, and bondage belts. Work, smart watch, subtle belt. I don't mind wearing a small sword or rapier if I can get away with it. Running /workout nothing more than a smart watch and wireless headphones. When I'm working on the forge, safety gloves and glasses are a must.

But then again I'm a crazy bald Scott's/Irish goth in a kilt, so don't take me as a shining example.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally dislike unnecessary glasses. It seems stupid to me to turn something that some people need into a style accessory. Shades have a use, frames not so much. I get it that style is not really about stuff being useful, I just dislikes this in frames specifically.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since my office is outside either on the city streets or mountains. My accessories that I personally have on me on a daily basis are: divers wrist watch, polarized sunglasses, Stainless Steel water bottle, compact flashlight, two no. 7 pens (black and red), leather man (multipurpose tool), 6 in boot knife, money clip, low profile baseball cap, Stainless Steel designer metal bracelet and a strong thick black utility belt.

0|0
    0|0
  • phone - gotta have this

glasses - can't see without them

pen & notebook - work related

ear phones - much more expensive than average but doesn't look like it does.

wallet - sort of used to it. authentic leather but otherwise not that special

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a bunch of weird hats I'll wear from time to time, and I have a necklace that has my grandfathers old ring and my class ring attached, other than that I don't really wear accesories much or think about it at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of stud earrings or chain necklaces! I love to wear aviator shades though as well as wear some bracelets! Beanies look nice too with the right outfit 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh. I'm wearing candy-apple red nail polish on my toenails at the end of my freshly-shaven legs right now. I just think you should do you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your style but I wear a skeleton watch on Left hand, silver bracelet on right, and a silver pinky ring on right, and I wear a silver coin medallion on my neck, I think I get complimented more on my medallion by both men and woman they are always curious on what it is, some women will even come up to me and touch it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I've never really thought about it but as a guy I prefer to have the basics on me and still look good
    My opinion: Phone, specs/shades, wristwatch. There's nothing wrong with a single necklace, a bracelet or two and a nice piercing. Just keep the jewellery simple and to a minimal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wallet, pen, knife, and phone, and usually I'm all set. Sometimes a compact LED flashlight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most days I have to stop and make sure I put pants on before leaving the house, let alone other shit.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have sunglasses but I don't really use them since my eyes r key to have a girl know that I am fancying her.

my phone yea

yeah I have a purse and keys

not much to carry around really.

0|0
    0|0
  • I keep a lot of things in my gym bag, which goes everywhere I go. Stuff like my phone charger, glasses cleaners, wallet, etc

0|0
    0|0
  • half of those are just shit to have... a phone? nigga, who doesn't have a phone? glasses? that's more of being able to see...

0|0
    0|0
  • Ditch the headphones and maybe some earbuds. Other than that Yay. Just my opinion though.

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay, didn't fully read the description. Might help. I do a black leathet belt, sun glasses, a watch, suit vest and button up (sleeves rolled up), a tie or bow tie, my wallet or a money clip, and a glasses case for your glasses/sunglasses.

• Black sunglasses, wrist watch- black, pager (I am a firefighter) and a brown soft leather belt.

0|0
    0|0
  • wristwatch:- classic black
    wallet
    belt
    pen
    Gog's
    a leather diary

0|0
    0|0
  • I love wearing headphone or glasses and I don't feel complete if I go out without em.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope you missed a charger... I mean phone charger...

0|0
    0|0
  • A watch and a pair of sunglasses is as far as I'll go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just do whatever you want, you're a guy. Or do whatever you want you're a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • I will admit that I am conscious of looking 'put together'.

First off, I'm a (substitute) teacher. So my opportunities for what to wear to work is wide open.

I'm not much of a watch fan. I may get into fitness bands like a FitBit or Apple Watch for its functionality, but wearing a traditional watch isn't my style.

But what I DO wear... is jewelry! I don't wear necklaces/chains at work, but I do wear rings at work. One ring on each middle finger, the 'flashier' ring on the left.

Lately I've been into sunglasses. I like eccentric designs and lens colors, so I shop online looking for weird stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a wallet with the chain thingy I don't like wearing jewelry because it just makes you a target for getting mugged

0|0
    0|0
  • No fanny packs please. Gold chains if you live in Jersey.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything I have to carry around will get lost eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • A watch, wallet, fragrance and a good pen is enough for me

0|0
    0|0
  • only sunglasses, i like ray ban sunglasess

the rest is gay

0|0
    0|0
  • Finally something worth reading on GAG after a longggggggggggg time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes