Are corsets attractive? And do they actually work?

Are corsets attractive? And do they actually work?
Just asking out of curiosity. I already have a really defined hourglass shape so I personally wouldn't ever need one.. But I'm curious about them overall as I've started seeing these around more often.. I'm assuming that they probably work.. But would you find one attractive on someone if they were wearing one casually?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The right type on the right girl can be very cool and sexy.

I've seen some real disaster-pieces though...

3|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Many people find them attractive. Yes, they can cinch in your waist temporarily. But the women of the Victorian and Edwardian age found that wearing all the time became painful, weakened their spines, put pressure on their ribs, made it hard to breathe.

So, if you like the look, go for it for special occasions.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • True true! And that'd be my advice to any daily wearers.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Do *not* use them. Examinations have shown bone and intentional damage and deformities, notably complicating health and shortening lifespans. Horrible inventions

3|0
    0|1
    • For daily usage and when worn for long periods of time- yes. If work casually here and there- not so much. But yes, it's unhealthy to wear them often and very damaging.

• You can get ones that are just for looks and lack the steel bones of traditional corsets.

• @Briana19977991 Veru true! And that's more of what I was asking for since I find them attractive... Not in that they essentially crush one's spine and innards though! Just how it looks on the body with casual clothes maybe? Hmm I was just curious

• How do women wear that thing. It literally sucks the life out of you. I don't like skinny jeans and imagining wearing something that doesn't let me breath no thanks. I don't know how girls can do it

3|0
    0|0
    • On a daily basis, yes, but casually? Not so much. I see your point though.

• They are so sexy! But don't make them so tight they harm you, that is NOT sexy.

2|0
    0|0
  • They do work... By giving you a awful rib cage deformity so I don't think there attractive

2|0
    0|0
    • If worn daily, yes they do. Not so much for a casual usage though.

• what if he doesn't want an hour glass shaped body.. huh?

what if?

1|0
    0|0
    • The point in wearing a corset is to get an hourglass shape.

• Correction-

I misread that.. Then I guess that's a sucky situation for both.

• Of course.

I find them very attractive and love them. They are sexy and very pleasing. It enhance the visual pleasure.

Good Luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are really bad for your health unless they are not tight.

4|0
    1|0
  • my ex had huge boobs and when she wore a corset she was mind blowing.

0|0
    0|0
  • They look sexy, and I have no clue if they actually work lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them as long as they're not worn by large women.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why can't larger women wear them?

• I didn't say they can't I just don't like larger women wearing them.

• Do birds fly?

1|1
    2|0
  • Are they attractive? Yes.
    Do they work? I have no idea

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they can look very sexy

0|0
    0|0
  • Very attractive and a huge turn on!

0|0
    0|0
  • Oooooo that's erotic

0|0
    0|0
  • im not a fan...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, but usually yes they are sexy

1|0
    0|0
  • Omg. I love them

0|0
    0|0
  • Very good lucky and attractive too

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• hi, well from my knowledge you have your lets say dress up versions over and under bust just more for fun and then steel boned training corsets which are designed for training to a dangerous organ crushing minute waist line... i often think if you went back in time to a victorian woman and said you know what in 2017 women are doing this shit by choice what she would say? lol xx

0|0
    0|0
  • They are so bad for your actual abilities to utilize that muscle group and weaken them your better off exercising your corset muscles im your abs

1|0
    0|0
    • Agreed. It's better to actually use those muscles properly instead of forcing them into a shape they don't naturally lie in.

• I think corsets are very sexy and classy if worn the right way, that is. I don't see why guys wouldn't love it lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I think that the look is really pretty when pulled off right. Of course, nobody should throw that into their daily wear as it's damaging.

• Exactly!

• Not to me.
    They do work but you shouldn't use it too much, it's dangerous plus after you would be forced to always wear one.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Waist training" is stupid. It damages your organs. If you don't wear corsets often or for a long time at a time it should be okay but prolonged wear can lead to damaged organs.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah.. As it's quite literally squeezing things into places that they don't naturally sit in the body and there's only so much room inside..

• I'm not a fan of the look, and they are uncomfortable to wear.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Especially with graters and stockings

0|0
    0|0
  • Corsets and waist trainers aren't the same thing

0|0
    0|0
    • I wasn't asking about waist trainers?

• Well, what do you mean "do they work"? To make your waist smaller? Because that's not the purpose of corsets, that's the purpose of waist trainers. I don't know exactly what you want corsets to do, but there isn't a whole lot for them to "work" at doing...

• I mean.. Corsets are designed to pinch at the waist to make a person's waist smaller.. I think the two are very similar.. If not the same thing quite frankly.

• Yes I like them where do you get em

0|0
    0|0
    • A simple google search should bring you to many selling sites. Although I recommend finding a place you can physically visit to get the most appropriate and safe size. As they can be pretty harmful if not worn properly or even if worn too often. So you'll want to do what's safest :)

• They work!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes