How to keep clear skin?

I am 13 I have had insane acne since age 9 and for the 1st time in like 5 months my skin is all clear just some acne scars how do i keep this? I already wash my face and I dont eat dairy.

1712

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to have bad problems with acne (cystic and vulgaris) in my teens. I terrible back scarring as a testament to how bad it can get. I still have the occasional pimple, but it is much more manageable. Here are my suggestions:

1) You could try acne. org. They have a good basic kit (cleanser, treatment, moisturizer) and a regimen you can follow.
    2) If you want to go the natural or do-it-yourself route find out what kind of acne and skin type you have first. Whiteheads/blackheads need different treatment than cystic acne for example. Here are some products I suggest:
    [u]Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser[/u]: The most gentile facial cleanser around and is recommended by most dermatologists. Use it daily regardless of what kind of acne you have (or not). Can be kind of pricey; you can get the generic kind (check store brands like Walmart's Equate).
    [u]St. Ives Apricot Blemish Control Face Scrub[/u]: Great for use in the shower. Mostly for blackheads/whiteheads. Helps to remove dead skin and unclog pores. I use this even when I don't have acne as it helps to keep your face clear.
    [u]Clearasil Ultra Acne + Marks Wash and Mask[/u]: A good drug store mask option; just like the scrub above, the main ingredient is salicylic acid (2%). SA doesn't kill bacteria, but it does help to remove dead skin. Use the mask every so often or if you have a bad breakout.
    [u]Clearasil Daily Clear Acne Treatment Cream, Maximum Strength[/u]: This uses Benzoyl peroxide (10%) and is used as spot treatment. You can get even get it tinted to hide some of the larger lesions. Just like SA, BP only works as long as you are using it (needs consistency).
    [u]Homemade Oil Blends[/u]: If you have normal/dry skin but have bad breakouts try a oil blend. I'd go with a ratio of 50% Jojoba oil (carrier), 20% Tea tree oil (antimicrobial), 20% Bio-Oil (diminishes scarring), 10% Vitamin E oil (moisturizer). Only use a small amount! If you have oily skin, make sure to use the facial cleanser first and wipe any excess oils away with a clean cloth before applying the oil blend.
    3) If you have cystic acne (lumps under the skin that don't come to a head) then it usually requires prescription strength ointments and antibiotics to kill the acne causing bacteria. A dermatologist can help you find out what will work best for you. A good skin doctor can even have medicines and procedures to dramatically improve the appearance of acne scarring.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Water water water.
    Wash your face twice a day, I'd say something mild. I LOVE cliniques 3 step stuff but if that's not for you it's cool but again something mild for your skin and seriously, you need to moisturize. It's sounds stupid if you have greasy skin but if you don't all you've done is dried out your skin with a cleanser and caused your skin to start over producing oil so you'll end up with greassier skin and break outs.
    Wash your pillowcase often, all that oil and crap builds up there. Keep it clean to avoid transferring it on to your skin.
    Use an SPF moisturizer in the morning because sun exposure with increase the visibility of scars.
    But don't use SPF at night. The best was to explain it is if you do it's a lot like having a blanket over your face. Your skin can't breathe so use a moisturizer without SPF before bed.
    I don't know where you're at and I don't know if what you have going on budget wise but I'd go to an ulta or some place that has higher end cosmetics and talk to someone there about your skin concerns. They can see what's going on and maybe better able to guid you in the direction of what you need cleanser, toner and moisturizer wise.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE