Are the facial features and appearance linked to our genes?

Are the facial features and appearance linked to our genes?
  • Yep, only genes
    Vote A
  • No, the environment makes you look the way you look
    Vote B
  • Both environment and genes
    Vote C
  • Neither
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Environment and genes. Its literally proven through science and plenty or research.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• You can get scars and physical deformities from inuries, so environment can change appearance, but your overall look is mostly just genetics, you can dye your hair and wear contacts but your dna is the same. Then there is fitness level, which is something everyone has some degree of control over.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the moment you were born everthing is determened by your genes, your looks, behaviour, development... later you can add environment into a equation, simply beacause some people had nice and supportive enviroment and others had rough and tough environment in which they must fight for themeselves and that is bringing emotional pain and stress so you would see them usually looking older or how to say... rough, like they were worn out , while people in nice and supportive environment didn't have that kind of problems in development so their skin is silk and they usually look "fresh" and young, because they didn't go through that stresses and problems, also
    facial injury could affect your facial look if we take that as environment condition.

0|0
    0|0
    • Biggest example of my opinion is when people get back from war in which they had very rough time, you can see they changed not only physically, but mentally, you can search for term "psychosomatic"

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 10

• Environment and genes. Stuff you do and eat can effect the way you look.
    Things like haircolor. How big is your nose or dick etc are determined by genes

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people have too much time to wonder why they aren’t attractive as opposed to making themselves more attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • It's genes. That's why family members all look similar.

0|0
    0|0
  • Environment and genes. Don't believe me.
    *pulls out a knife and lashes at your face*
    YOU BELIEVE ME NOW? I'M SO F***ING HIGH!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Drop the whole incel Chad thing man, it won't do you any favors

0|0
    0|0
  • Gene's make up everything about you, everything from the shape of your nose to medical conditions and the amount of body hair you have.
    Some traits you inherit directly and they change very little or not at all, such as eye shape and eye color, however sometimes traits combine to create a hybrid gene, and then you have genetic drift where something causes a random trait to change or appear that is not shown in either parent. Genetic drift is the leading cause in evolution because it allows living creatures to adapt to an environment over many generations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both environment and genes

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • your genes l have very good genes

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s overwhelmingly your genetics but there are small epigentic factors that do matter. That diagram is absolute nonsensical trash though.

0|0
    0|0
    • LOL, you are so delusional. This diagram is 100% true.

• Show All
    • I don't understand your last post. There are no women who prefer the guy on the left to the guy on the right. There are no women who prefer short men to tall men and etc.

• @Skinny_Guy and that’s where you’re Incorrect. And that’s also where our points differ. My point was meant to illustrate that there are various factors both genetic and environmental that have an impact on our desires and in fact someone (many in fact) may very well have a preference outside of your typical descriptions of chad. In fact it’s not uncommon for women who are significantly taller than average to prefer shorter men. I wouldn’t say it’s the majority but it is a significant value and a far more significant value than the preference shown for shorter men in women of average height. The majorities preference shouldn’t be taken as an absolute. That’s like saying because most people prefer Coke to Pepsi that nobody likes Pepsi it’s simply not true.

Recommended myTakes