Do you like getting compliments on your looks?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
This would be from the gender (s) you want to receive them from.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends... I feel kind of tired of it at some point tbh, I get the same things again and again from random people that I had just met in real life and it can get tiring because I feel like there's sooo much more in me beyond that looks. I sometimes think they're lying too.

I like it when it's from someone who's close to me and I know they're being honest and genuine.

0|2
    0|0
    • When I was a teenager, I never complimented a girl to her face on her looks. I guess I just figured they already got complimented a lot anyway.

• It feels awkward getting compliment to your face too so I don't do it because I don't want them to feel what I feel when people do it with me

• That's interesting- thanks!

• Not really. Like sure it's nice but I'd rather just not get any comments on my looks since they're mostly negative.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, I can't comment on your looks (since I have no idea what you look like), but I like your answers to my questions!

I think negative comments about another person's looks should be kept to oneself.

• Well I'm glad you like my answers. And I agree criticism about looks isn't helpful or necessary since the person can't change what they look like.

Most Helpful Guys

• I appreciate them but I'm also really bad at taking compliments, especially when ir comes to looks, because I don't like how I look myself. I mean if someone goes out of their way to give me a compliment, I guess it's unlikely they'd lie about it, but I also won't agree with them, so it kind of confuses me in a way.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I would find it awkward and embarrassing.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Yes, but personality ones mean much more to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some compliments on looks are nice. Ones that are spesific and sound genuine. Compliments about eyes, smile, makeup, hair... I don't like general compliments, like you look pretty/beautiful, because people who use those usually just say that to everyone. Also, compliments about body are often awkward or even unpleasant.

0|1
    0|0
    • I assume you get a lot of compliments on your looks- do you ever get bored of the specific compliments that you mentioned you find nice?

• I only get compliments on my looks online, never in real life, which means 9/10 times they're not genuine and the people just want something. I'm bored of all of those compliments.

• I'm surprised to hear that, but it's completely understandable.

• If its a genuine compliment that wasn't yelled from across the street compliments are nice

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it makes me smile and makes my day better, but only if it's a respectful compliment and not super creepy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but at the same time I'm not really comfortable with them lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It's nice when someone randomly tells me 'You look nice today.' Such simple words can make my day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it’s nice, more so when I’m not wearing any makeup I suppose or having a bad day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. I always feel awkward when someone compliments me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love them because I am so self-conscious about myself. I was talking with a guy friend and it slipped out how much I hate my body. Now no one get offended as to what he said cause this is honestly just his personality and he means nothing extreme by it.

His response was "Dude, you're hot as fuck. If we weren't such good friends and you're boyfriend, I would want to fuck you. You are a babe and should embrace it. Dont hate yourself so much."

Really made me feel better about myself and he is a really good friend of mine. He respects me and my boyfriend, this was just his personality. It sounds rude but he really wasn't, he wanted me to feel better and more secure with my body

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I like them.

0|2
    1|1
  • I like any compliment.

0|1
    0|0
    • That question about the kegels was one of the best I've seen.

• @Logorithim Glad you liked it. Does your girl do that?

• Current one has no idea what they are (she is inexperienced), and it's an LDR anyway. Some ex gfs did, and they were so skilled that I still think about how great it was.

• Yes but I prefer compliments on my personality :)

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes because I don’t have great self esteem

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course - from both genders

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I like getting them

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course, but only if it’s genuine. Sometimes guys can come on too strong at the start purely for the purpose of trying to butter you up - not appreciated.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 33

• Everyone appreciates Compliments - But I believe many enjoy those that compliment actions of kindness - which seem to be more inspirational to all around an can be shared in a positive light.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never got a compliment from a dude unless it was my mustache in middle school. Usually it's girls talking about my eye color, I do like those compliments.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

Getting complimented by someone just makes you like them more, I feel, in general.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea I like receiving compliments from pretty much anyone, but I really don't get that many...

0|1
    0|0
  • Well it is always nice to get sincere compliments but compliments regarding looks I do not value very highly compared to compliments regarding humour intellect values and such things

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but i don't like my reaction when someone compliments me in real life. I hate it if it comes from my family members or people who are close friends to my family because it sounds bias.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like it when it happens all the time but every once in a while. i wouldn't mind hearing it...

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Not generally speaking. They make me feel uncomfortable when they come from women around my age.

0|1
    0|0
  • This doesn't happen very often but yes. of course I have to pay them.

0|1
    0|0
  • As a loner, it feels good when I find other people find something accepting of me

0|1
    0|0
  • I love getting complimented, most girls just stare tho. 😕

0|1
    0|0
  • It gives people with little confidence like myself.. a confidence boost like no other id like it very much

0|1
    0|0
  • I appreciate it though it doesn't matter that much.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I feel ugly but when they say that I feel like ya pity

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I usually interpret it as a lie or flattery. I don't like myself, that's why mainly.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure beats insults and, more importantly, indifference.

0|1
    0|0
  • not at all, i already know i am blessed with good looks, dont like hearing it from other people

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve never been great with being complimented, low key esteem issues I guess

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes.. but it gets boring in the long run.

0|1
    0|0
    • Are they just friendly compliments, or is she flirting with you?

• Girls openly complimented me earlier, around 4 years ago and I was a little kid so I didn't know tbh. Since last 2 years girls don't exactly 'compliment' me, they just pass comments as compliments which are loud enough to be audible to me and tbh, they don't even talk to me unless really required so I have no idea what's that suppose to mean. But guys do compliment me every now and then.

• Who doesn't? lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll tell you once it happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • From people we care, it is always nice to hear.

2|0
    0|0
  • I do. But I think that these are ''fake news''.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah from girls

0|1
    0|0
  • Who doesn't?

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess?