Why are bad teeth such big turn off?

I saw someone here asking people what is their biggest turn off and many said it was bad teeth or missing teeth. Do you all realise that teeth can be fixed and the person may not afford treatment right when the problem arises or they may be under treatment when you meet them. It sounds very shallow to me to instantly judge someone for it. Some people do brush their teeth twice a day and problems can still arise.
bad teeth turn off?
bad teeth turn off?

1428

Most Helpful Girls

• Teeth can be fixed but it’s not as easily and readily available for individuals as you may think. Fake teeth cost individuals anywhere from 2-3k per tooth 🦷 up to 20-100k to get a whole new set of perfect white teeth. Depends on where you live as well as the technology readily available. It’s not as cheap as most people would think. My mom got fake teeth and it costs a lot more money to put in fake teeth that they have to chisel down in order to have “permanently “. If you want just teeth to sit on top of existing teeth almost like a blanket it is a bit cheaper but not by much. Dental implants are almost as much as getting a new pair of boobs. Also the recovery time for this implant is anywhere from 3-6 months sometimes longer depending on the individual. So at the end of the day , yes the procedure is readily available but it’s not as cheap as you’d think it is.
    People care so much about teeth because believe it or not thats the first thing you will see as soon as they open their mouth to smile , eat , drink , laugh , etc. It’s not so much of a big deal to me because I’ve had bad teeth before and I know it’s expensive and takes a long time to fix & heal. My fiance doesent have perfect teeth and I still love him as he is. How much are you willing to handle for the one that you love?

• That was my point, they aren't cheap, so judging someone for not being able to fix them right away sounds kinda shallow. Shit can happen to anyone really. Now, if the person just didn't care about their teeth, not even to fix them that is different. It's just as bad as being obese and not caring to lose weight.

• Preach ^^ people always get mad at me bc I tell them it’s not that I hate bigger people it’s the ones that complain about their weight and then just sit on their butts.

• Dental hygiene is huge for me, so if your teeth are falling out well thats a good indication that your not taking care of your mouth, and I’m not talking about getting teeth knocked out. If you don’t brush regularly and I can tell your not taking the time to do it, the last thing I want to do is put my mouth on yours!

• So if someone your age has cavities since they were 15 and know some of the fillings fell and they can't afford to repair that for the moment then your conclusion is that they do not brush their teeth now?

• Clearly you don’t understand English!! Good day!

• You don't. I asked if it is ok to judge someone's dental hygene and diet if they had an okder filling that fell off. You didn't talk about it. Stop trying to put me into the wrong to avoid an answer.

Most Helpful Guys

• Because they are not aesthetically pleasing.

Personally, I have misaligned teeth because of the simple fact that my braces kept breaking constantly. I had them for like a year and very little changed about how my teeth are. So I have some gaps.

Anyway, it depends on what is defined as 'bad teeth'. If they are really yellow or black, it's obviously a sign that they are not being taken care properly of. However, a slightly coloured is very natural. That's like the only argument for it seeming not healthy.

Whether there's a gap between teeth has nothing to do with health in most cases, and thus is purely for aesthetics.

• It is unappealing physical trait and It is just as shallow to dismiss as any other unappealing physical trait. I don't see why would it be considered more shallow than dismissing: :baldness , short height, weight, facial structure , etc.. If you accept that some physical traits are acceptable turn offs them they all are.

• no, it is moreshallow, because I said THEY MAY JUST NOT AFFORD IT WHEN YOU MEET THEM, teeth are easier to fix than an ugly face and almost everyone needs to have some work done at some point in their lives. I mean, if I met someone and they had bad teeth and I found out that is because they just don't care about cleaning and fixing them yeah, that would be a dealbreaker because their teeth would just get worse. But if they are saving money for fixing them it would be a bit shallow of me to reject them for it.

• When you just met them they are not going to know your plans and that factor may already have disqualified from getting a number. If they do get to know ones reasons then one would be put into basic loser schmuck that can't afford dental care category. Which transforms a physical factor into a financial one which few people would consider shallow.