Is pale skin really that unattractive?

I really hate my skin color! I know I should be happy with whatever I have blah blah blah but I can't help it.

I'm going on vacation in a couple days with a bunch of my friends (guys and girls) and I'm embarrassed to wear a swimsuit. I'll practically glow under the sun.

I have super white skin, really long dark wavy hair (until my lower back) and big brown eyes.

I'm almost as white as Amanda Seyfried: link

1925

Most Helpful Guy

• In China & other Asian countries, pale skin is often considered more attractive. So much so that all moisturisers have a bleaching ingredient to make the skin paler.

Of course that doesn't help you unless you're planning on moving to Asia!

Nonetheless, pale skin isn't unattractive at all. In the UK, tanned is often seen as more sexy, but there's nothing inherently unattractive about pale skin. Plus pale skin looks a hell of a lot more attractive than poorly applied or over-done fake tan... White is a much nicer skin colour than orange lol!

Don't worry about getting your body out and showing off your skin on holiday. Everyone is white after winter. Just have a laugh about it. Just don't be stupid like some people and burn on your first day so you don't look as pale. If you use plenty of suncream and get a slow tan over the course of your holiday it will look a lot nicer, a lot more even and it'll last a lot longer!

So basically, don't worry about it in general, and use the holiday as a chance to get a bit of a tan so that for the rest of the summer you're happier getting your legs out and wearing skirts and things because they won't be quite so ghostly white lol.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE