Random Facts I've Regurgitated In The Past Month In Actual Conversations

I've been causually making mental notes over the last month or so of all the random crap I spit out as part of conversations and writing it down in my phone. Without boring you with the actual conversations here are the gems.

Casu marzu is a type of illegal cheese that is filled with maggots that is considered to be a delicacy to some people.

In Cinderella, the evil stepsisters cut off their toes and heels trying to make the slipper fit and later have their eyes pecked out by doves.

Before alarm clocks were invented, people were hired to shoot peas at workers' windows to wake them up for their shifts.

In Rapunzel, a prince knocks up the main character after the two spend many days together living in joy and pleasure.

Of all the words in the English language, the word "SET" has the most definitions.

In Snow White the wicked Queen dies after being forced to dance in red-hot iron shoes.

You can't say happiness without saying penis.

In The Juniper Tree, a woman decapitates her stepson as he bends down to get an apple. She then chops up his body, cooks him in a stew and serves it to her husband, who enjoys the meal so much he asks for seconds.

The Panama Cannal

I remember learning briefly of this in school. I hadn't bothered to pay attention to any of it at the time. Many years later I was getting super high with my then girlfriend who was in College. She asked me if I knew anything about the Panama Cannal as she had to do a report on it. I said nothing beyond the name. We continued to get high and 10 minutes later I was writing her report. Everything I never knew I learned was transported to the page. Naturally I forgot what I did the next day but, my girlfriend turned it in, for a laugh. Two days later I was informed that I got my first A+ since 3rd grade.

Wearing headphones or earmuffs for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear, something to do with lack of air flow.

Women are more likely to orgasm just before or during their period.

The origin of the modern term of "Hookers" started with Civil War General Joseph Hooker who brought prostitutes along for his soldiers to keep them sexually satisfied. His legacy is so famous that his name is now synonymous with the world's oldest profession.

In 1948, the SS Ourang Medan sent numerous distress calls to ships in morse code that were extremely eerie. "All officers, including captain, are dead lying in chartroom and bridge. Possibly whole crew dead." The following message simply said, "I die." When the ship was found, all of the passengers were dead, frozen with their mouths open and facing the sky with contorted looks on their faces. There were no signs of injury on their bodies.

Witches
have historically been associated with dancing. The waltz derives from dances enjoyed at secret witches' balls during the 16th century. It was initially very scandalous.

Ancient Greeks practiced a form (ineffective) of birth control that consisted of having a woman hold her breath, making her squat, and sneezing.

We automatically perceive people who smell good as more attractive.

A study in the journal Communication Research found that those who regularly indulge in porn may be more tolerant than those who do not. According to the researchers, there’s a link between the amount of porn someone watches and how accepting they are of gay marriage.

Both men and women can have multiple orgasms. But for men to achieve this, their first orgasm must occur without ejaculation and without losing their erection.

These were just the floaters but it proves that I can read and even sometimes learn. Feel free to share your own random facts below.

0
1

Have An Opinion?

01
  • Joc4Position

Yeah I knew the Cinderella one. In fact a lot of the "Disney" stories are very very mild when compared to the actual stories. Fairy tales were actually for adults at one time. Disney made it into a kids thing.

Share the first opinion in your gender