What does it mean when a guy calls you babe, but you're just talking?

Me and a guy that I talk to were talking on the phone and he calls me babe, baby, bae, boo, etc. and I do the same, but I just don't know if he actually means it or not?

611

Most Helpful Guy

• i try to watch that... but for me anyway that would mean he feels comfortable talking to u and it just flows... if that makes sense. or he's a player and can't remember the different girls names so calls all of them baby... well one or the other ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not a guy, but this happened to my sister.
    Her boyfriend after a year of dating starting calling her babe, and baby a lot.
    I remember asking him about it, because I thought it was stupid, and he said he loved pet names. Also that he grew up with his parents doing it.

• i havve only used baby in one relationship normally i come up with little cute animal nick names :) but ya that is fairly normal in a lasting relationship.