My Dream (Slightly Different) Wedding...

Ever since my two best friends have both gotten engaged and I got together with my boyfriend weddings have been on my mind so much. I know so many details what I'd like~ some of which I've shared with my boyfriend, others I haven't. I'm just creating this mytake to vent and put together a wedding that would be perfect for us both. Just need him to propose now! :P

Engagement ring

I don't want him to spend thousands on a ring for me. I wouldn't be able to wear it for work and I'd rather that money went towards the wedding or honeymoon. I'm not fussed about a diamond either, I'd much prefer and amethyst or pink sapphire. Something unique like this appeals to me as well <3

Theme

Gothic Victorian! I have always loved the Victorian era and my boyfriend is very Gothic and loves all the waistcoats and canes so I think this will suit us well! :)

Invites

Something simple but effective fitting the theme is best, it's not something I want to spend lots on so something I could make myself would be ideal! I love these corset invites :)

Dress

I have always know all my life that when I get married I want a huge ballgown that is white. This is a must to me! My jaw literally dropped when I saw this, I fell in love when I heard it came in white too!

This dress in white!
This dress in white!

Accessories

I dream of white lace gloves, a parasol rather than a bouquet and a white lace choker! ♥

Outfit for the Groom

Like I've already said my partner is very Gothic and he loves stuff like this for special occasions! It suits him really well :)

Bridesmaids

I want 3 of them and to all look the same. I would like them to match the theme though of Gothic Victorian and have a knee length dress with boots maybe. Steam punky, lolitaish or Gothic i've not thought that much but I like these dresses a lot.

Transport

There is no compromise on this, I want a horse and carriage as it's something I've wanted since I was 5!

Venue

Somewhere that fits the theme and is local to us or my family ideally. I don't want to put up images of the exact place I've found so here are a couple of others similar. I'd like a big garden for photos though :)

Cake

Something unique and special and probably just a plain sponge as I don't like traditional wedding fruit cakes with the marzipan at all >.<

Table settings and decorations

I'm a perfectionist and have a very creative eye for detail so little touches are important to me and can make or break everything. Here are a couple of images that are my inspiration!

Yeah I know I've thought about this way too much for someone who isn't even engaged but I feel bad pestering my boyfriend about wedding ideas every time I see him, though thankfully he is quite happy to talk about it with me and says it doesn't bother him :P

Let me know what you think :)

P.s: I do want to marry this man with or without this wedding as I am certain he is the one for me, and I don't just want to marry him for one big party, marriage is something we both take seriously and the idea is really special to us <3 :)

106

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 6

• nice take, that sounds all swell, i dont like marzipan fruit cake either

• I've been a caterer and a party planner many year before this. I had clients who are well known in this area and could do fantastic things with food pair it w/ the perfect wine, have the room themed out beautifully so I do know from whence I come. Weddings are one of the most frivolous use of $ form clients. The $ you are spending on this wedding could be put into a Roth IRA that would make you wealthy enough to have parties like that in a dozen different countries in the world. . I know how much many girls think it's the ultimate party. People will love it, the food will suck no matter how much you paid for it or whomever the Chef is. It's impossible to feed 200 or more people with amazing food. I've catered parties with over 5,000 people so I know how it's done.

• I only want about 50 guests and I'm actually a chef in a really iconic restaurant in my area so I'm sure I could get a discount if I wanted them to cater for me :P Or my head chef probably has contacts :)
      I don't want lots of parties, I usually dislike them, I only want this one special one as it's an extremely sentimental event for me otherwise a party is just a party.

• I'd love to know which restaurant. If you tell me the ;location- aside from Manhattan, SF, or LA; I'd probably know it, I wound up at the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, NY after making the mistake of having two undergraduate degrees in totally jobless but enjoyable subjects, literature and philosophy. Worked a little on E. Coast my majority in clubs, restaurants and hotels in SF. You might want to think 2x about catering your own wedding. Do you really want to supervise kitchen and wait staff while you are attending an event that means so much to you? Glad to hear it's only 50 people, since that is close to the max you can serve plated food and have it anywhere near to enjoying the details you were discussing earlier. Keep it Soigne. If you live anywhere near my location I'd get a kick out of helping for little or no $

• 5d

No I wouldn't be working at all, they'd do all the work for me :P I'm in the UK but thanks for the offer, that's sweet :)

• Looks awesome !!

• 7d

thank you

• ur dream too big

• You'd get broke as fuck.

What Girls Said 10

• awesome! I've always pictured myself being an oddball kind of bride. likely in a black dress with high-top converse sneakers and my hair up in a messy bun. and id have the guests coming in different costumes lol

• 6d

I want quite a traditional wedding myself (but with a morganite ring) but I love your wedding theme, it looks so pretty and fancy. Here's hoping you can have it a reality someday! That cage for the table decorations is gorgeous.

• I love those in ites. I've also always wanted parasols and horse and carriage and preferable a ring with a pearl stone.

• Cute and very classical wedding, very girly on your part which looks amazing!

• I want a cool moonstone ring (inexpensive and cool ayyo) and I want to get married in front of the Haunted Mansion in Disney World. Has to be in fall

• This is pretty much how I would like my wedding to be, except I'm poor and my other half is one of those guys that never get round to anything. We have been engaged for almost 7 years.

• The goth part is great
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Good take

• Nice

• Huh.