Girls, how did you afford your first designer handbag?

So all of my clothes and bags are from Charity Shops or The cheaper stores like Primark etc, I’m a carer for my kids ( Autistic) so I’ve never been able to afford anything expensive as I I’m only on carers allowance. One day when I return back to work hopefully I’d love to be able to treat myself to a nice handbag but I wondered how ladies that do own a designer handbag how did you save? Or are you just quite well off and a managed to sludge all in one go xxGirls, how did you afford your first designer handbag?

285

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girls

• Get It as a Gift , Treat Myself now and then I tend get lot of stuff for Christmas I don’t ask for it.

• I saved for my first one when I was still living at home and didn’t have expenses like rent and bills and insurance. I had a goal to buy it in Paris from the store on the Champs d’Elyse and upper the saving when I was simultaneously saving for my Europe holiday.

I love my designer bags but I am much more about quality over quantity. Nowadays I fall in love with a bag, make sure I love it, and then gradually save up. I think it makes me cherish them all the more. I don’t understand people who have hundreds and then don’t even get the chance to use them all!