How can you tell if a guy who has a girlfriend likes you?

Well I've been friends with this guy for awhile, and he has a girlfriend but he acts like he likes me. He's super sweet and is always complimenting me because I like to sing. And he is constantly telling me how good I am. And he calls me all these nick names and stuff. But like I was just wondering what are some signs that a guy who is in a relationship could send someone he likes? Or maybe a better way to word that is how can you tell if a guy who has a girlfriend likes you? :) thanks !

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Is he male?

Is he talking to you?

Then yes, he likes you. He might not ever do anything to ACT on that, depending on how much he values his relationship, but yes, he likes you.

0|0
    0|0
    • He's not doing anything completely horrible. A couple of my friends just said "Are you guys talking it sort of seems like it." He never said "oh you're so hot" or "wow you're gorgeous :)" he's just really nice to me lol. It sort of seems like it a lot. And he and his girlfriend haven't been dating long , I'm afraid that since we have to spend a lot of time together (we work together) that he is going to start developing feelings for me because of how close were becoming.

• Chances are better than not.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• First of have respect for yourself and his girlfriend not to read into it, set him streight and remind him he has a girlfriend. Most guy like that are bad news and your on

ly seting yourself up for diapointment.

0|0
    0|0
    • He's not doing anything completely horrible. A couple of my friends just said "Are you guys talking it sort of seems like it." He never said "oh you're so hot" or "wow you're gorgeous :)" he's just really nice to me lol. It sort of seems like it a lot. And he and his girlfriend haven't been dating long , I'm afraid that since we have to spend a lot of time together (we work together) that he is going to start developing feelings for me because of how close were becoming.

• Ok gotcha...it could very well happen..if he hasn't dated her long maybe he's not really (into) her and you gave him some spark :) just be careful and make sure it doeant get to carried away while his still dating this gal...u never know...but if he's being like that then id say he's got interest, just be careful.

• Like I would never wanna do anything to harm his relationship! Haha. But that's sort of what I was thinking because he and I have so so much in common and I feel like he chose her and then was like "oh crap" lol. There's never a dull conversation between us and we both show interest in talking. We're both really supportive and stuff. It's just almost I wanna say "awkward" because his girlfriend is constantly saying hi to me and stuff now. I've never even done anything but it freaks me out ha ha :p

• If a dude has a girlfriend and he's checking you out, or flirting with you, would you really want to be with someone like that. If he can't even be loyal to his own girlfriend, what makes you think he'll be loyal to you?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes