Why do girls wear yoga pants/leggings/gym pants/tights etc. HONESTLY?

Hey girls,

Mainly directed to you, in all honesty, why do girls wear yoga pants, whenever I ask friends they say it's purely just for comfort and I can respect that. Im sure that's one of the major factor's. However, I find it hard to believe that it's true, because I can think of lots of different clothing varieties that girls don't wear that would be just as or even more comfortable then yoga pants.

I always see people in them and usually they have nice boootayyys, but i think to myself, is the purpose of you wearing it to show it off or is it honestly just another reason?

Whats your honest reason for wearing them? and if someone asks you why do you lie? (if you do)

I've always wondered this lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do girls wear yoga pants/leggings/gym pants/tights etc. HONESTLY?
    Comfort.

i think to myself, is the purpose of you wearing it to show it off or is it honestly just another reason?
    Most often I find it's for comfort. In my observations gals try to avoid intentionally calling sexual attention to themselves in public by intentional I mean wearing X to get guys to look at her not avoiding clothing she likes because guys may look.

Whats your honest reason for wearing them?
    Comfort. Which seems reasonable to me as Y\yoga pants and gym pants wear made for athletic uses so they are generally made of breathable/stretchy fabric and easy for movement.

"However, I find it hard to believe that it's true, because I can think of lots of different clothing varieties that girls don't wear that would be just as or even more comfortable then yoga pants."
    So because there are other comfortable options it's dubious that gals chose different ones for comfort? That's like you doubting a gal wanting to eat pizza because it's tasty since there are other tasty foods. o. O

Especially when it's not like yoga pants/leggings/gym pants/tights are the only clothes of comfort gals wear.

• No I didn't mean they shouldn't wear what they want. They should be able too, of course! Im just saying that as you said "most girls try to avoid intentionally calling sexual attention to themselves". Yoga pants despite comfy, are a legit revealing clothing type. It just seems strange to me that they wear them if they aren't trying to show off what they've got or something along those lines. Again not saying they are but for example if I was self conscious about my muscles I wouldn't wear a tank top, despite them being comfy.

• Basically I find gals wear all types of comfortable clothing- sweatpants, tracksuits, yoga pants, leggings, tights, and gym shorts. They don't stick to only what isn't revealing (sweatpants/tracksuits). Not because they intentionally chose it for attention but because they aren't going to cut off an option they like because guys may look.

Think of it like this:
      A gal is wearing gym shorts she likes.
      A guy looks and thinks she wore this because she wants guys to look at her otherwise she would only wear revealing clothes like tracksuits.
      No she is wearing it because she likes it and she isn't going to limit/restrict her wardrobe because a guy may look at her. She's going to wear gym shorts and tracksuits not just tracksuits. Heck she'll add in leggings, sweatpants and whatever she likes.

• *edit
      Think of it like this:
      A gal is wearing gym shorts she likes.
      A guy looks and thinks she wore this because she wants guys to look at her otherwise she would only wear *unrevealing* clothes like tracksuits.

What Girls Said 15

• http://replygif.net/i/733.gif

Why is comfort such an incomprehensible reason for men?
    Do you find it THAT hard to believe that women don't do everything to please men?

I'm so bloody tired of seeing this retarded question pop up and it's always about how women are supposedly lying about the reason and are wearing them to garner male attention.

NOT EVERYTHING WE DO IS TO PLEASE YOU.

It's true that some women might wear yoga pants, because they want to flaunt their assets in a casual subtle way. But to assume women are LYING about the comfort aspect and this is a secret plot to make guys stare is starting to make my blood boil.

I'm currently at home, alone, under a blanket IN MY YOGA PANTS. Last I checked, there are no guys in here for me to swing my ass cheeks in front of.

YOGA PANTS ARE FUCKING COMFY.

/end topic forever

• You need to calm your ass down.
      The topic was brought up for people to share why they wear them. As mentioned, I know that the main reason is comfort. But like you even said, some people do it to show what they've got, which is what I was getting at. AND before you ramble like an idiot, it is a fairly common question because people find it hard to believe that it is only a comfort thing. Ever heard of sweat pants? I have lycra material pants similar to girls yoga pants and sweat pants are a MILLION times comfier. Also the assumption that SOME women don't lie about wearing them just for comfort is pretty fucking stupid.

/dont be a pest

• Well since your such a genius and can figure out that yoga pants could be considered provocative, you might also realise that people may question any hidden agenda's people may have while wearing them. Well of course comfort is a personal preference. I take it that you are flat chested and have a zero to no curves, because working out for a male naked or a woman naked, with excess body parts flopping everywhere, could not be more painful. BUT I will agree for working out purposes the yoga pants would be a thousand times more comfortable, but I didn't classify my question to just exercise. It was directed for girls that wear them around doing day-to-day activities. And if I'm sitting on the couch there'd be so many other choice of clothes that would be less constricting than yoga pants.

• The fact that you see "hidden agenda" in a comfortable garment another person wears speaks more about you, than it does about them. Society views a lot of things women wear as provocative be it dresses or jeans and t-shirts. Some societies go so far making that claim that they force their women to walk around in a black tent.

I'm a 36DD and have plenty of junk in the trunk. However, the shape of my body does not in any way affect the reasoning behind my answer. Try to be less presumptuous and catty, boyo. Ad hominems will always make you look unintelligent. <3

What excess body parts are you referring to that women have from the waist down that flop around? We're talking about PANTS, are we not?
      And I never even mentioned exercise anywhere in my comments, LOL.

What's wrong with having comfort while doing day to day tasks? I just told you that I'm sat at home alone under a blanket in my yoga pants.

Who exactly am I provoking?

• Either because they are comfy or because they simply want to show off their goods/sexiness.
    ... Or a combination of both. :3
    Anyway, I don't wear them so this question is not about me.
    I don't know what I am doing here!

• They're the perfect combination of comfy and stylish. I'm sure that everything you thought was as comfy as leggins/yoga pants was not stylish at all. Besides that, we can't lie, we like to look good and if we look good in yoga pants they'll become our best friends.

• You know some days you wake up and the thought of wearing those cold, uncomfortable jeans is horrible... then you think about your really cute and warm leggins and your day lightens up.

• Yeah yoga pants>jeans. Plus I can't imagine how convenient they are compared to other pants!

• it honestly for comfort. Yes, sweatpants are comfortable too but they make my legs look even bigger than they are and its generally an unflattering look. When I wear yoga pants/legging I don't have to sacrifice style like I do with sweatpants. I can wear nicer tops with yogas/leggings and not look awkward as well, whats not to love?

• It the only comfortable thing women have that's not seen as sloppy.
    I can wear leggings to the office or a meeting and look put together, but if I wear sweatpants they'll ask me to change.
    I can go to the to the gym in sweatpants an then still look cute going to the grocery store.

• I see! That makes a lot of sense. Don't you get tired of getting stared at constantly though? LOL

• I honestly don't get tons of stares. I'm not drop dead gorgeous or anything so nobody really pays attention to me.

• It's comfortable. Its tight but soft do we feel free to move any which way. jeans are not comfy they're rigid often. yoga pants are really comfy. and easy to put on.

• Because there hella comfy! Sometimes I don't feel like jeans. But I personally don't like going out in them without something covering my butt.

• It's better than trackpants. The material is comfortable on the skin. It doesn't make my hips look wide. Everything's in the right place. Figure hugging.

• I wear them strictly for comfort, I don't want to wear jeans or dresses all time so leggings are a better alternative.

• Well you're basically right, they're comfortable but they also make your ass look great, so 2/2.

• There comfortable , and make your ass look great.

• I find it for comfort but my booty looking good in them is always a positive.
    If someone asks me I tell them the truth haha

• because they are comfy/convenient for those lazy days

• Yeah I understand that, but I mean wouldn't tracksuit pants or shorts be more comfy? Like is there any other reason? I get that they've become stylish now.

• So it's not to show off the legs or butt?

• They just make us feel sexy in general

• I wear them only for training couse they are confy, and I think most of the girls do. I have a big booty so I don't really like wearing them... I feel awkward when everyone stares xD And yeah I don't think guys need tights or whatever to notice a girl with great ass too lol

• Why dont you like showing it off? its a compliment in some countries.
      I feel like without tights you dont know who has a big butt, like its impossible to tell! Which sucks

• I have more questions! message me if u can :)

• Okay

• Because they are extremely comfortable and warm (depending on they type you get) but I would never wear them as pants.

I use them more like tights. At a cold athletic competition I'll put on a pair under my uniform to stay warmer while I compete. Basically cheaper underarmor.

What Guys Said 7

• Because they're sexy as fuck. If you've you got, nothing wrong with flaunting it a bit.

• I know I will get a ton of thumbs down for this, but saying it's strictly for comfort is part of the answer. Don't sit there and say you don't do it to not increase your chances of getting approached by a guy.

• Because they're lazy and want you to see their camel toe. ;)

• because they are slut... LOL joke.. I don't know man but they look hot af on them

• some women only wear "cute/sexy" clothes so there's your answer.

• Honest answer: because it looks hot sexy etc

• Some do it for comfort, some do it for looks/attention.
    None of them will actually say I do it for guys, even though they do.

• Thats what i mean, why lie? I doubt most guys would have any problems if they just sort of said, it makes my butt/legs look better!

• bullshit,,, just because I wear my hair down and put make-up what make you think I do for you? If I wear sweat pants its because I feel like it. I swear boys don't have brains.

• Sure, I'm sure you also like wearing make up in the house for yourself too right?
      I swear some girls are delusional.