Beauty only gets the attention but personality captures the heart?

What do you think of the above phrase?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's true because if I meet a super attractive girl who has zero personality, the relationship wouldn't last too long because looks can only take you so far.

However if I had a cute girl with some personality then our relationship would be a lot stronger than the one above because Beauty captures the attention but personality captures the heart.

And also think of it as a guy going up to a girl for the first time. He is obviously attracted to her but if she has zero personality then it's not going to work out.

What Guys Said 6

• True, but like the other cliche, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. You can't expect one person's view of what is beautiful will match up with anyone else's.

• I agree with this - someone could be very attractive, but if there's no connection on the personality level, it won't last.

• i buy it

• It applies more to girls because they are sexually attracted by the personality of a guy while men perceive beauty as sexual attraction.

I think what captures the heart is sincerity affection and trust...

• I agree. I'm ugly so no attention for me. :/

• I also buy it. Because you can be very pretty and catch my attention. But for me to date you, we have to connect. lol

What Girls Said 1

• absolutely true :)