Guys like eye makeup but not bright lips and cheeks?

This guy told me that when a girl is putting on fancy makeup, he thinks that "dark eyes" are really sexy but lipstick and blush and bright color makeup and that crap is "nasty". Since he didn't know how to describe makeup, it turns out he really means dark smokey eyes using a lot of black tones, but no bright lip color or obvious blush. (I personally think that eye look is a bit heavy for my taste, even if I am getting really glam)

So, is this true? In Cosmo, the poll results were kind of similar when they asked guys which look they liked best-they tended to like the smokey eyes, but nude lips and subtle cheeks.

Most Helpful Guy

• NOT TO ME! I don't get that AT ALL! The dark smokey tones can be cool ON THE RIGHT PERSON, but I like the brighter pastels. I mean, I'm fine with any girl wearing as much or as little of whatever makeup she's comfortable with becasue I want her to be herself, but here's the best example I can cite of great makeup job... My friend's wife is tall with long black hair & Eyes, and naturally tanned skin, & looks a lot like Catherine Zeta Jones except for her eye shape. We went to a concert, & she had a dressy caual baby doll style (fitted just below the boobs, then coming down flowy) dress on, & it had like red or pink in it & the PRETTIEST pastel sky blue! She did her normal base from what I could tell, did some pink on the cheeks that matched the dress, & did her eye shadow in that SAME sky blue! It wasn't heavy... The make up was subtle & tastefully done, & I've seen this girl look like a model in a wrap around robe, but something about that blue over her eyes when I sat across from her, OMG I couldn't take my eyes off of her! I spent the night there, & I was SOOOO sad to see that dress in the laundry the next day. LOL I hoped she'd do it agaiin for church ...

What Guys Said 2

• link

link

link

Like those? If so, I love that.

• similar, but the eyemakeup I'm talking about is smokey, so the black looks softer because it's blended (if you even know what I'm talking about because I doubt you are that into makeup to know), but the overall effect is similar.

link

• I kinda do. lol I'm fascinated by makeup for some reason. I watch makeup people on YouTube. :P

• wouldn't this posting be better suited to Style or flirting? "Sexuality" the inner self not out?

• sorry I meant to post it under style guess I clicked the wrong button

What Girls Said 2

• eyes are really important cause that's the body part they will see the most, second are the lips. lips are really important as well

• A dark color eyeshadow or eyeliner contrasts the color of your eyes, making them much fuller and bigger. Leaving the rest of the face plain or with only little foundation makes you look natural. Natural beauty is far more attractive than some one who just gang banged by crayola.