Is it bad that I accidentally cuddled with my friend's 12 year old niece?

I was staying at a friend's house for a week taking care of his young 6 yo son and his 12yo niece and one night I was watching a movie with his niece and fell asleep on the couch next to her. She then fell asleep on me. I didn't know what I was thinking because I was so tired but I put my arms around her and snuggled her and we fell asleep in each others arms.

I awoke a few hours later and felt really weird about it.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you weren't sporting wood, or thinking, or doing 'naughty' things, it's what you SHOULD do, caring for kids!! They don't have the hang-ups, and anxiety we have, older, seeing the news, and just all the crp that we would NEVER do!!
    They just see us as 'parents', or 'uncles' or whatever!!
    Even if you get that totally embarrassing, unintentional 'woodie' just turn away, and know that it isn't sexual, but just spontaneous, like when you are super tired (or the Fates, and Furies are fcking with you!!) They probably won't notice, and it doesn't mean that you are a 'perv', because of that uncontrollable reaction!!
    I'm dealing with this, now, with my current girlfriend and her teen daughter!! They laugh, because I am so unsure, seeing the teen daughter naked, casually, here and there!! It isn't anything to them, but a HUGE hang-up to me!
    I don't want to be nervous, with her, or her mother, and I don't think nudity is that big of a deal, like sexuality, but I grew up a certain way, and there are laws, and I don't want to be the one, in the court, fighting for my first amendment rights. . .

• Wow she does that! I dunnno! I would never have walked around naked in front of my mom boyfriend thats like a no NO! Wow! I am sorry.

What Girls Said 7

• Lol, it was an accident. As long as you don't do it again, I think you should be fine, haha.

• It's not bad to answer your question. Just don't do it again.

• How well do you know her?

I'd freak out if that was my daughter tbh.

• That's not bad or weird if you know her well. It's fine if the little girl has known you for a while

• no, it's not weird nor bad

• If you didn't have bad intentions then is okay.

• No it's not bad

What Guys Said 14

• It's not that bad if there was no sexual intent or pleasure behind it.

• Was it anything more than what might innocently happen between a brother and younger sister?

• It was not sexual no but it felt nice having her in my arms like I was keeping her safe and protected.

• probably

• Those are the kinds of experiences that tell a guy that he is ready to become a father.

• I don't think it's bad or something, to me it's a little strange but that's okay.

• Well I guess if there's no underlying inappropriate intentions and you've actually known her since she was a baby it's not weird...
    I guess your question just sounds weird due to lack of context.

• No not at all she fell asleep on you so you put your arm around her. There nothing wrong with snuggling as long as it's not with sexaul intend.

• You will have a boner if you're attracted to her physically, LOL

• Na I think it's OK. Unless u were arroused...

• you shouldn't worry about it, you were sleeping you had no control

• There's nothing bad about that, you only feel weird because the fuked up concepts of right and wrong in the country where you live (and I currently reside).

Did you have lusty thoughts about her? No. End of story, be happy.

• It mustve been a natral response if your used to doing that with your girlfriend so I wouldent think so.

• There's is no "accidentally."

Get your shit straight, or you'll be in trouble soon.

• Look it was not okay but by gods grace you haven't done anything bad so just forget about it

• There was nothing sexual about it. If she was 7, you wouldn't be worried, and she was acting the same way. Just a kid who was sleepy and trusted you.

• It's not weird at all, it's cute :)