“She was the kind of girlfriend God gives you young, so you'll know loss the rest of your life.” - Junot DiazWhat does this quote mean to you?

Just like my title asks, what does this quote mean to you?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• It means you had some very special connection/chemistry/relationship with a girl and then somehow it either went awry, she died, left, or whatever the end was the loss from such an event has literally scarred you in the heart that you will ALWAYS know the feeling for the rest of your natural born life.

• Ah, someone who had a deep impact on a person's life? Or someone who could've been "the one"? Well why did god give it to him "young"?

• @Asker - Could have? I would know now would when she's passed away. Felt that much though, the proverbial "one"... my interpretation of why god had shown him the loss of someone special now was to show the person what lost is, how to be humble about the next girl he invites to his world, how to know and appreciate the time spent between two hearts.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means Junot Diaz has no idea what true loss is if he equates a girlfriend with true loss.

• Lol come back and comment on love/life when you're not 12.

• I am not 12 years old. I have lost more than enough in my life to have a valid comment on this. You can always find a new girlfriend or boyfriend. Losing that isn't true loss. Losing your home, everything you own, your entire family, anybody you can trust. Sinking into a pool of depression, losing all hope for a better life. That is true loss.