My Ex won't let me go, yet he doesn't want to be with me? Please help me, I'm truly confused?

My ex and I broke up after a long heavy relationship, we were very much in love, an i still am in love with him however he ended it, he said he still loves me yet isn't "in love" what is the difference? He also got annoyed when I got a new BF he kept bringing him up, and getting upset, when i told him me and my BF are on a break and I asked him how it made him feel he said he wasn't happy because it was only "temporarily" and that then i would get back with him. And whenever we talk (we meaning me and my ex) he keeps bringing up my new BF and saying things like, "Go talk to your boyfriend" Im really confused, I truly love him but he doesn't make his mind up, should I wait, or move forward? Also he makes it very obvious he doesn't like my BF, he literally once told me that" Why do you think I keep bringing it up?" So its pretty obvious he wants me to know it irks him, but why? he broke up with me? Im so confused.. Also I asked him if he still wanted to be with me and he responded by saying "more than anything in the world" And when I jokingly said i didn't love him anymore (we were both joking around) he got very hurt and very upset. Oh and one more thing he keeps saying that later onwards in the future he still wants to be with me. So what is going on? Please Help me im @ my wits end I truly love him and I still do but I wanna know is he just playing the field? Does he still feel for me? And what in the world is he doing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Of he left you he has no right to even so much as comment on what you do now. Let alone control you with his jealousy. If i were you I would sleep with a few people and make sure he finds out. That should do it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • he claim's its not jealousy he acts "hurt" but does he still like me? Why'd he leave if he doesn't like seeing me with other men?

• It is jealousy and he wants to have control, but he can't have it. Just ignore the Loser and get on with your life.

• Ok Thankyou ! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• no one likes to see their ex move on... it sucks! From my experience, I have felt that " love but not in love" to me that felt like I was missing something in the relationship, the connection wasn't fully there, I wasn't happy in the relationship. What he feels may be different I don't know, maybe you can ask him to explains what he means. But I think if he says he doesn't want to be with you, and doesn't want you to let you go... maybe you should let him go. Letting go takes a strong person, he may not be that strong. But its very selfish of him to break up and say he's not inlove with you and then not let you move on or find happiness else where. I also feel like if he said he's not in love he may be talking to other girls seeing what else is out there and for him to hold you back while doing that isn't that nice. He's being selfish. plain and simple if he's doesn't want to be with you and also doesn't want to see you happy then you should let him go.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Deep down inside you liking this drama don't you? :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually no its aggravating he doesn't want to be with me yet he does this its confusing

• Show All
    • Lol ask him that. He have no right to get mad when he the one broke up with you.

• I did he says he still loves me, but when we broke up he said it was because he "didnt want a relationship rn" then after he found out about my bf, he said he want to be with me more than anything in the world.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't have anything to do with him anymore. He let you go but still wants to take you as an emotional hostage. He's toxic. Really, he did you a favor. Run!

0|0
    0|0
  • wow!!! This sound so much like my situation, just that i broke up with him, he has got a new gf BUT still wants to be with me :(

Fisrt o all there is a BIG difference btwn "love " and being "inlove" its simple-You LOVE your fiends and your family etc , But you are INLOVE with the person who you love that special person and makes ypu feel special -butterflies and heart racing things... ;)
    Seems to me he just doesn't want you to move on, and seeing a guy treat you better than he did, he is selfish if you ask me and is playing with you feelings so that you don't know what is going on and what is better for you amd then you'll just go to him! so DON'T fall for that... And he shouldn't be talking in the future tense!! Live in the present 'cuz we never know what the future brings us ;P Well and I personally think HE needs some time alone, to think about what he wants and to go find him self :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes