Ex boyfriend is in hospital, do I go and see him?

My ex took an overdose on his birthday and has been in hospital ever since.
The day I found out, his friend was with him but I was the one ringing around his family telling them where he was..
I asked if I could go and see him the day he was admitted and he said he'd rather I didn't...

Since then I've been drip fed information by his now guardian about how he is, I ask questions but rarely get responses. I'm not even being told if I can go and see him...

Regardless of my status towards him, I still care a lot and I'm making myself very ill stressing because of this. Would I be being completely out of order if I went to the hospital and saw him? Or shall I keep asking his guardian if I can?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Go and take a look at him. Show that you're there for him.

What Guys Said 4

• Guy overdosed on his birthday?

This guy sounds like an alpha male. /end sarcasm

You shouldn't go see him; dumbass needs to learn to cope better than a bottle of pills.

What's to stop him from doing this again after you go see him and he gets "better"?

• Stop giving shit about your ex... He said he doesn't wanna see you... Just move on... And by the way he is not dying or something... I am sure he is fine

• Yes, you will definitely have a positive impact for everyone.

• Yea and play with his dick when nobody is around

What Girls Said 4

• Wait until he is up to company then... ask the Nurse instead to Ask Him if... I can go and see him...
    Don't use this 'Guardian' as your savior here, dear. It doesn't sound like he or she is the one you should use as this Go between.
    I don't find it 'Completely out of order' to want to go see him and it may even cheer him up.
    Good luck and I will pray he is okay. xx

• No go !!! I had someone go on my fb and tell the world I was dead. My ex didn't contact me once and that fricking hurt. U have nothin to lose ur only human go check him out xxx

• I think you should just go.

• He may be embarrassed, in a bad state, in ICU (Which allows only family/legal guardians. Send a card to the hospital with the return address as his in case he is released before he receives it. Nothing overly lovey dovey, just something that says,"I'm thinking of you and praying for your recovery" Respect his privacy right now as he may be working through some stuff. It's great that you are concerned and worried. But be patient. I know it's hard. Hoping and praying he has a speedy recovery!