Let's say I walk past a group of girls...

And none of them even look at me. Does that mean they're not attracted to me, or are they just too busy to care?

I will just be walking, then a group of girls will be coming the opposite direction towards. I don't stare at first but I make a secretive glance their way, and there is no eye contact whatsoever most of the time. This always happens, then I feel awful..
Maybe I'm just that awkward person that likes to stare at everybody who I walk past LOL?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, this is what I do. I'll see a guy from far away and check him out once because I have good eyesight and he probably hasn't noticed me yet. And then I look away, and through my peripheral vision, I see if he looks at me. if yes, then I look back. if no, then I just walk on. that's it. I don't like making it too obvious that I'm checking people out :D don't forget you can see a lot out of your peripheral vision!

• Ah ok, maybe that is what they're doing. But I was just in the cafeteria here, and a girl was coming toward me. Our eyes met for like a second then she looks away quickly and never looked at me again while I was passing her. I keep getting these body language signals that I'm just a fugly bastard?

• Well, in all honesty, I think the body signals that make you think that are...uh, due to paranoia. I look away quicker if the guy is cute, actually. I'd think, "OMG that hot guy just caught me looking at him, AHHH!". Honestly, if the guy is really ugly, I wouldn't look away quickler than looking away from a normal-looking guy. But hey, eye contact is really ambiguous and can be interpreted differently, so don't just rely on eye contact for clues.

• Thank you. :)

What Girls Said 1

• Some times girls get to caught up in their conversations. Making them only focused on say topic. The thing is we still are observent of our surroundings but may not pay much attention to what is really going on outside of the convo as much. If you pass the goup I'm pretty sure one of them was eyeing you but making it less obvious for the rest of the group to see or you on that matter. I'm not sure if that answerd you question or not...

• It's a good answer! When passing a complete stranger (girl) through campus, most of the time they stubbornly stare forward, even though I would like some eye contact. When that happens, I just feel so ugly like they are stubbornly trying to avoid looking at me (but how can they tell if I'm attractive or not without even looking?)...

• Hmm that's a good question, if I were you I wouldn't look into that much. Those girls prob don't have a lot on their mind if they won't even look at some one passing them by unless this person walks by with a lot of arrogance or confidence that is slightly blinding if you know what I mean?. Btw even if your not looked at by say group of girls it doesn't mean you ugly trust me they just don't have the time or decency to look at another human being crossing their path.

What Guys Said 4

• Ummm. It means they're going somewhere. You can't feel guilty for looking at a girl walking past. If I thought that every girl should look at me when I go somewhere, I would be a moron. No offense, but you need to do more than walk somewhere to get their attention.. sorry :-(

• You're a pretty good looking guy...from what I can tell (I'm not gay).. And you are saying girls don't make eye contact with you when walking past?

• I'm saying that they don't always look at me. The point isn't necessarily whether they look at me or not, it whether I EXPECT them to look at me. It doesn't necessarily matter to me, but that may just be me.

• No, I stare at girls sometimes when I think they're cute, but I don't really expect much to happen. It's probably not a big deal. It's just a bunch or girls who probably happened to be busy at the moment.

• If the queen bee looks, the other bees will look. You have to get the queen's attention.

• That is way too ambiguous of a question so you get an equally vague answer: It depends

• Yes it is a vague, question, and I'm sorry. Just think total strangers passing each other and there is no eye contact.

• Thanks Argos, maybe I'm just a little paranoid. It always ruins my day and makes me feel ugly and insecure.

• No look is better than a disgusted look. Haha but now don't go being afraid of being looked at.