Why do men act so disrespectful after a breakup?

My fiance and I (of 2 years) broke up in November after quite a hectic fight - for the first time ever, he lifted his hand to me. He slept in the spare bedroom that night and upped and left the next day to go stay with his family 1,200 kms away. We eventually chatted again after about a month and agreed to try again. He came back for a brief visit before moving back and we got into another argument, he left, I tried to contact him for a while after that but he totally ignored me and 4 months later STILL has not had any contact with me. I can't understand how someone who supposedly loved and cared for me so much & who was about to marry me, can treat me with such disrespect and disregard. I hear via the grapevine that he's having a tough time with life. I just need some sort of closure and I don't know how to go about getting it? :-(

31

Most Helpful Girl

• well...its hard to talk to someone and stay broken up with. So his strong feelings for you is the reason that he refuses to speak with you. Really, it will help you get over him faster too.

What Guys Said 1

• Anger, frustration, emotional, loss of relationship failure etc

What Girls Said 2

• just be strogn and try to move on.. this just happen to me you deserve the best in life and you can't save anyone... Go on with your life adn don't look back.. Have fun and smile! life is precious and to short!

• Thank you! Its hard to be strong & move on when you have no answers etc but I suppose I have no choice...

• I can totally relate to how you must be feeling, I went from being my ex's woman of his dreams and we were gonna get married, anyway I have gone from that to being in his words he will say hello to me if he sees me in the street! it really hurts and it is very confusing how quickly we can become unimportant to someone or least they are feeling us feel that way :-( hope you at least get some answers from me girl x

• Thank you!! It gets easier with time... 6 months later.... ;-) I hope you are over him and happy now.