Ugh bad back acne! Do girls really care?

I have a good looking face and a lean but very toned body but my back is a whole different story. My back gets bad breakouts but they're not cysts or anything but it's bad. A lot of people that have seen it think it's nasty. I'm self conscious about it so when I take my shirt off I make sure the front of my body is facing people cause it's the cleanest and I've got absolutely none on my chest. So would girls really care about it?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah bud I have this problem too...finally got the courage to see a dermatologist and I finally started seeing results after a month and a half. It's still, bad but its definitely getting better. It's not good, but don't be douchey and girls will still like you. Girls have ten millions problems they think about so think about that too.

• Ugh it's annoying as hell. What they do? Give you anti biotics?

• Well they gave me prescriptions...Retin A and some pills...also I've been using Oxy lotion with benzoyl peroxide. I apply this twice a day, then Retin A at night and pills twice a day. You have to keep at it for a while...but trust me I've finally seen results on the top of my shoulders and the left side of my back has begun to fade slightly.

• Oh so it's just on your shoulders. Mines smack dab in the middle of my back where I can't reach it. I've been using a back scrubber and it works a little. My body goes through weird phases where ill have great skin in the summer then in the winter it gets bad but in the spring time it gets better.

What Girls Said 4

• my boyfriend has bad back acne, or bacne as I like to call it, but it never bothered me, acne never seemed gross to me, it just happens, to me it's nice to see a guy with insecurities just like I do. if it makes you so insecure then do your best to treat it but if a girl is so shallow she bolts at the site of of pimples then she isn't worth it. just let her get to know you and show her how great you are and after that if she still cares about aesthetics then she's probably high maintenence anyway and that's just annoying.

• Also products containing salicylic acid helps alot, get a nice penetrating scrub, it should help alot.

• Yes it's disgusting. It's the same for me as if it was on the guy's face. However, I did date a guy for a year who had back acne, so it's possible to look past it. =] So try really hard to clean it up! Most people won't see your back anyways if you're wearing a shirt.

• Acne is gross, but you can't help it.

If I liked the guy a lot, I would overlook it. And it's better that it's on your back and not your face.

So you kind of have a good situation.

I'm sorry that you have back acne, that sucks. But don't let it inhibit you. Girls who are mature enough will accept you just as you are.

Good luck.

• Listen I dated a guy with that problem and never thought bout it really

What Guys Said 1

• I have it bad too and I just don't care about it I use to when I was 14 use to bugg me so much I did not go to the pool because of it but now days I know a lot of guys who have it and a lot of girls who have it and some girls don't think much of it or care and if they do? to hell with them don't let it get to you man go out have fun if a girl will not go out with you because of that well then who wants to be with her anyways?.