Ex's family member passed away. Do I say anything?

We broke up a few weeks ago and haven't talked since. It's been an on again/off again thing, and this past time we were only together again for a few weeks before the breakup.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Send him an email.

"I know during the first several days and weeks the unity of family, non stop gatherings and ongoing tasks will keep you so very busy that there is no time to feel emptiness in it's true form and that void that will eventually come is not currently present. I know no one will really know what to say during this time. If and when the time arrives where all this strength you have within you seems as though it's vanished...let it be gone and let yourself mourn. It takes a whole lot of time to get there for some...

All my thoughts, my prayers and my love go out to you and your family.

Keep your head up, smile big and stay strong...as he/she is watching from above.

I'm sorry for your loss and I'm here if you need a friend".

What Guys Said 3

• I would definitely say my condolences if nothing else, particularly if you knew the person that passed. It can be a trying time for anybody in that situation. When my father died I got calls and letters from quite a few of my ex gfs and it really did help. And most of them had never even met my father.

• There's a part of me that wants to, but we also weren't together very long and I never met his family. I think it would be easier to do this if it was a couple months out from the breakup, and not a couple weeks.

• well it is important to send some condolences because this is the you are neeeded than ever

please something and even go meet put your differences a side for now.

• Probably best to send condolences. It's just good manners.

What Girls Said 2

• I would. Don't make it about the two of you though. Just give your sypathy and support.

• I think you should even if you didn't meet that person or you and him were not a couple for very long. You'd still consider him a friend right? Well wouldn't you want to hear from one of your friends if someone passed away in your family?