How do you stop caring about someone who doesn't care about you?

This guy and I have been together for 2 years and a half. He recently stopped caring for me, and doesn't talk much to me anymore out of the blue. No matter what I do, I can't stop thinking about him. It's been almost a month. I gone out with friends, try to distract myself with new things but nothing seems to help ):

112

Most Helpful Guy

• you can launch a waiting war... the waiting war is where you totally stop contacting him for as long as it takes for him to actually come back to his senses you just let him see that he doesn't really matter it may be hard at first but it gets easier with time... if he came to you and asked why you are ignoring him then there you go you guys could have a talk about what he has done but if you did all of the above and still no response from him then well... I'm sorry but there isn't anything you can do about it in that case... he is just gone

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont care someone who doesn't care about me

What Guys Said 11

• Get over it. He doesn't like you and you just have to hammer that into your head. The more you realize this, the faster and easier it will be for you to move on in your life

• You have to consider how bad things were with him and tell yourself
    that you will find a new guy someday whom will truly love you and care about you.

• If communication seizes for a long time, with a month being quite a while, then chances are it may be over, best course of action would be to move on with your life. As for the ''stop caring'', you can either remove any trace of someone from your life and they'll fade away eventually, or face the problem and let your mind remove them for you.

• Just give yourself time.

• Stop caring

• Why do you ask these utterly meaningless questions? Are you seriously interested? Or are you hiding some alterior motive?

• I say get a hobby you can dedicate yourself to.

• remember this: he stepped away. he decided he wasn't happy or wanted to try something different and wasn't strong enough to maintain a friendship. his loss. surround yourself with friends and others whom want you around.. know from experience.

• Well i too is in your situation but reversed.. im madly in love with my girlfriend and she stopped loving me 2 months ago. I love her heaps.. just try and let it go if it comes back to you its meant to be

• It'll take time. You'll not be stable until you get your closure.

• after a month it's normal. I needed two years to get over a two year and eight month relationship

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!