Is it illegal to change someone's password?

I know my girlfriend's Facebook password and e-mail password. Would it be possible to get charges pressed against me for changing them?

A link of proof would be nice. Thanks.

63

Most Helpful Girl

• Jesus, you're creepy. Just don't.

Also: "she broke up with me because I was too nice." Hahahaha. Somehow, I don't think that's it.

What Girls Said 5

• wow.. why would you do that? someone hacked into mine one time and deleted my messages included the ones where I dear friend of mine died and those were the only ones I had. don't be shady like that. if you guys aren't together anymore don't be immature, just ignore her and move on, don't mess with accounts

• Yes. It is a crime.

• Omg your just a t*at complete lowlife ... oh and its called hacking yes you can get into trouble and hmmm dnt thinks its because your too nice:L

• Why would you?

You controlling...hope all guys aren't like you

• She broke up with me because I was too nice.

• ...How exactly is it that I'm psycho...? Because I loved her? Respected her?

• Uh yea...explains ALOT

• She could probably charge you with hacking. Which is a crime.

And you're totally violating any trust she had left in you.

• ...I asked if it was legal. I didn't do it. I'm not GOING to do it.

What Guys Said 3

• It's hacking. Regardless if you knew the password by the person voluntarily giving you it.

But, why would you pull a numbnutt move like that?

• um... don't?

• 0|0