My ex is out partying while I still am heartbroken?

It’s been 2 months since our break up, and my ex is partying every weekend, often even twice per week. I am doing well compared to a month ago, but today i had a bad day and was filled with negative thoughts because of the breakup, I even had to cry.

Next to that, when my ex and I were dating he never really had much for partying, he did not really care about it and hardly ever drank alcohol. It feels like I don’t know him, or never knew him, which really hurts

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I understand you still care about him, but you have to let him choose the way he thinks it's suitable for him to move on. he's trying to hide what he feels like doing the things he hates, hoping to survive the pain. one way or another, you have to live your life too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Breakup's can be hard, easy or devastating depending on how well you both got on or how much you both respect each other... if you were to have parted amicably it may have been easier on you... also duration of the relationship can play a part in how difficult it is, especially if you never get any answers as to why

my first breakup was after 14 years and 2 kids, i was cheated on, no reason, no answers and all I got was "it's not you, it's me!" tbh that line is the worst cop out I could ever hear, the only way to transition to single life and move forward is to either find the answers why, and get closure or accept there are not going to be answers or that they may take some time as all truth comes out in the end...

but unanswered questions can mean the difference between a smooth break and a terrible one...

if he's gone out partying and moving on so soon he might have been leading you on or was using you... maybe he was doing this for some time behind your back or did it before you two got together and only avoided partying to make you think he was more of a down to earth and homely guy, to convince you he wasn't one of those jack-the-lads types

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This is normal men party to get over break up women sulk then we slowly start to heal, don't be surprised if in 6months time you are out having the time of your life, and he reaches out with some silly message like " how are you"
    Allow yourself to heal it's good to cry this is normal crap but normal x

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• sounds like he moved on... Accept it your self and move on.. His actions no longer directly effect you and nor do you have any control over his actions. The fact that his actions hurt you right now is your own fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she’s trying to forget. Girls get detached faster than we do. If she broke with you then she was quite detached when she broke it. We guys are kinda dumb and linger a lot on it. 2 years and counting. Brb need more Cheetos.

0|0
    0|0
  • You simply hate that it seems like you have zero value to him anymore. And it hurts to think he can be happy, as if you never existed.

You need to know you shouldn't base your value on how he values you. There will always be people who value you and others who completely don't. Be with the ones that do.

You are also thinking you will never find anyone you will like as much as you liked him... simply not true... but there is no way to make you believe that right now.

It is ok, be sad, be heartbroken, let the poison out of your system. It always takes time when you weren't done loving them.

The more he disregards you the more you know he isn't right for you. There is no use in wishing you could go back and somehow prevent this breakup.

Take some time. And also... try to get some new D.

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s why he broke up. He felt he couldn’t be himself. Now you’re seeing the real him. You can’t hide your true self forever

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m sorry, but I think after your break up he lost himself and thinks he is a partying type of guy. He doesn’t actually know who he is anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he wasn't being himself. I'm sorry for your heartbreak. make an definitely say I've had my fair share of those as well

0|0
    0|0
  • He can do what ever the hell he wants to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • He felt the need to hide his true self from u

0|0
    0|0
  • Masturbate or something. Who cares.

0|0
    0|0
  • It partially depends on who broke up with who. This seems more probable if he broke up with you and that's why he started partying so early to try to get his ego back. My ex dumped me almost 4 months ago and I have not had a single good day since (Some better than others but they were meh at best). It definitely hurts to see that your ex is living a better life than you for sure. My ex is a lot more involved in her university with clubs and intramural sports etc. while I am at my apartment struggling to make plans with people because they never respond to me so I know how you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• don't look at what he's doing and live your life

0|0
    0|0
  • He's probably just partying to find a new girl.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes