My ex is out partying while I still am heartbroken?

It’s been 2 months since our break up, and my ex is partying every weekend, often even twice per week. I am doing well compared to a month ago, but today i had a bad day and was filled with negative thoughts because of the breakup, I even had to cry.

Next to that, when my ex and I were dating he never really had much for partying, he did not really care about it and hardly ever drank alcohol. It feels like I don’t know him, or never knew him, which really hurts

313

Most Helpful Guys

• I understand you still care about him, but you have to let him choose the way he thinks it's suitable for him to move on. he's trying to hide what he feels like doing the things he hates, hoping to survive the pain. one way or another, you have to live your life too.

• Breakup's can be hard, easy or devastating depending on how well you both got on or how much you both respect each other... if you were to have parted amicably it may have been easier on you... also duration of the relationship can play a part in how difficult it is, especially if you never get any answers as to why

my first breakup was after 14 years and 2 kids, i was cheated on, no reason, no answers and all I got was "it's not you, it's me!" tbh that line is the worst cop out I could ever hear, the only way to transition to single life and move forward is to either find the answers why, and get closure or accept there are not going to be answers or that they may take some time as all truth comes out in the end...

but unanswered questions can mean the difference between a smooth break and a terrible one...

if he's gone out partying and moving on so soon he might have been leading you on or was using you... maybe he was doing this for some time behind your back or did it before you two got together and only avoided partying to make you think he was more of a down to earth and homely guy, to convince you he wasn't one of those jack-the-lads types

Most Helpful Girl

• This is normal men party to get over break up women sulk then we slowly start to heal, don't be surprised if in 6months time you are out having the time of your life, and he reaches out with some silly message like " how are you"
    Allow yourself to heal it's good to cry this is normal crap but normal x