Here is why men prefer tall women

Average height for women in my country is 5'6" for girls. It is taller to compared the rest of World, but I can say ideally we men wish/expect them to be at least 3" taller than average. So ideal women according to me and my friends must be 5'9" or taller and it is a bit important feature we men consider in partnership.

Lately I see questions about why men prefer tall girls or despise short girls. Let me answer all of them all.. Height is one of the most important feature girls search for men we know it, same applies for women too.

This is why:

Attractive body proportions

Here is why men prefer tall women

Tall women generally have longer legs, better proporons, slimmer in general, better form of ass = more attactive for us men. I can talk for myself and almost all of friends of me: beauty is not only face aestetics but also body aestetics. Me and my friend tall women are superior by having nice body aestetic, that is why we all prefer them fairly tall rather than average or shorter.

LEEEEEEEGS

Here is why men prefer tall women

It is scientifically proven that long legs are attractive for women, and tall women have.

Sexual Selection and Genetics

Here is why men prefer tall women

Human being generally search for the best genes as a partner. It is a common belief that tall women give tall offspring, that is why Vikings select the tallest women when they invade villages and pick their woman. It is a common belief that tall women have better health, bette genetics and this make tall women superior in dating market, excatly same as tall men are superior in dating market

Conculution, yes height is also an attraction criteria for us men and here is why we select tall women, same as girls prefer taller men. Of course shorter guys are less picky about height of their women. But guys who can have alternatives to select will obviously select the tallest woman. Some girls under 18 year old here take growth pills or some girls over 22 year old do leg lenghtening surgery to increase their standing in dating market. I am a guy who is 6' and my minimum requirement would be probably average height, 5'6" and ideally I prefer women who is 6'. (Even if they are rare unfortunatelly). Same for a lot of my friends but obviously height is not the only criteria.

2640

Join the discussion

2640
  • 6d

Good points, and ones that those of us who prefer taller women have always known.

• 7d

Great myTake, but it include too much generalization and narrow perspective.

After reading your my take, the first think I did was looking into your profile to see which country you live in.

And I saw you live in Sweden. That makes sense then.

What a coincidence that all girls complain about being short and suffering in dating life were from either Sweden, Denmark, Norway or Finland. I have never seen a girl complaining about being short (at least if she is not very short. Equally very tall because in our culture being too tall is also a negative).

We can see here that tall girls is "a thing" in Nordic culture because many people from here alsa said excatly the same things you said. However, this mytake is done for "Nordics perspective" and I dont think people in United Stated agree with that.

www.researchgate.net/.../236670565_The_height_of_choosiness_Mutual_mate_choice_for_stature_results_in_suboptimal_pair_formation_for_both_sexes

Here is a dating study done across Noth America where average height for women is 5'4". If you wonder what American men prefer in general, here is the answer, just go to page 10 and table A4

Here is why men prefer tall women

You can see here how to the situation is in United States. Women around 5'5-5'6" get the most acceptance rate by men, which is only one or two inch above average. while the closer the height 4'11" or 6', the less acceptence from men statistically.

Same study done in United Kingdom too. Average height is same as United States and results are excatly same.

yougov.co.uk/.../ideal-height-56-woman-511-man

I dont reject you and your friends opinion but it seems this perspective is widely cultural. In Unıted States and UK men generally prefer women who are shorter than themselves, but an inch or maybe two inches above average. Are they men who think tall women are superior in US? Yes. Are they majority? No. Are they men who think shorter women are superior too? Yes, equal as men who think tall women are better. But there are majority neither. You see the table, there are equally men who think short women are attractive too and height is almost unimportant as long as the woman is not above 6' or under 4'11", for most cases.

This is a great myTake. You have informed how it is in Nordics. You can share a study done in Nordics too if you want. However you make generalization by talking for "all men in the World" which is not true at all.

• 7d

I am trying to wrap my head around how men dont prefer tall women.
      It is sexier, usually leads to more flattering proportions and definitely delivers more of a striking beauty than a average girl normally would. It is the difference between being mesmerized by someone or wanting to pat them on the head. I dont think it is possinble for a girl to be too tall. Maybe guys in your country are not sure with their manliness and want a shorter girl. It is weird. All guys I know want tall girls even taller than himself if it is possible. But they are rare, unique as unicorns.

• 6d

It is same as a Korean guy came and say how is it possible to a man to prefer a dark skinned girl and it is weird.

You have born and raised in a culture where all men talk about how tall women are superior, girls do leg lenghtening surgeries for increasing their attractiveness, short girls are bashed in twitter and dating sites... so you learned that girls must be tall. It is normal for you to think that a guy can't love a short girls because your perspective is formed by the culture you live in. Maybe common trend in there influenced your preference too but you think it is impossible for a guy to love a short girl because it is the case in Scandinavia. Same as American women do for short men.

I dont cricitize the cultural preferences regarding of beauty, white skin thing Korea and tall height in Sweden... But I cricitize your myTske because you claimed "all men" think so. No, Swedish men are not "all men." You just dont understand that short girls dont commit suicide, cry every night because of not being 5'11" or save money for leg lenghtening surgery in the rest of the World, at least in US and UK.

You may think American men are less manly because they want shorter women (yes it is the case, they prefer women SHORTER THAN THEMSELVES. Not necessarily shorter than average but maximum their height), or they may say that you Scandinavian men are less manly because you want taller women. Neither of you have right. Just accept that our culture is different.

• 6d

While I agree with your perks for tall women, as a tall woman myself I can say that the vast majority of men definitely prefer shorter than average women over taller ones. I've been rejected just for being "too tall" by a guy (who was the same height) and I have many female friends who are high fashion models and, just like myself, virtually never get approached for no apparent reason at all. Being a tall woman is literally like being a short man when it comes to dating. People don't want us.

• 6d

Depends pn your culture. He is from Swedenand in Sweden men generally want tall women, around their own height or maybe taller

• 1d

@deangelisbabe Honestly if you're short and bitter because guys aren't attracted to you it may be your face or, more likely, your personality but it sure as hell ain't your height unless you're an actual oompa loompa

• 1d

lol so true

• 5d

Wrong! Short woman are superior. They are cuter, easier to cuddle & pick up, and are curvy. Can't be dealing with tall skinny bitches. My ideal woman is short, busty, and curvy. A short girl doesn't have to be as pretty as a tall girl. Yeah, it's that important to me.

• 6d

BEING TALL DOESN'T EQUAL HAVING LONG LEGS.
    It's about proportions which you get from genetics. Short women might have proportionally short legs, and tall women might have proportionally short legs.
    I'm one of them. I'm taller than average, but my legs are VERY short compared to my long ass torso. Many (if not most) short girls have longer legs than mine

• 5d

It depends tho, especially culturally. Every guy is different. I know guys who don't like slim, tall women. I'm 5 feet tall and I haven't had any problems attracting guys :-) I've dated really tall guys 5'9 and up and they thought I was a cute size. They would pick me up and carry me on their back lol. I'm little Ms. Thickums lol. I'm thick in the right places :-) It's all about confidence and great character in both men and women... not about look or height in my opinion.

• 6d

Most men prefer women shorter than them. Average male height worldwide is 5'9, this means for most men, women have to be shorter than 5'9 in order to date them. Obviously this varies by region. Here in the Netherlands, women are fucking huge, but so are men, so it's normal to see men with women who are taller than 6ft... but they're still shorter than the man.

I'm 6ft myself, but I like short girls, as in 5'3 or so. Short women can be extremely sexy, it's not just cute.

• 4d

Nordic countries are a bit different in terms of preference for height. Girls here prefer tall guys too, but not that strong as compared to other girls around the world because guys rule out girls under some certain height too. Around the World (correct me if I am wrong but I assume it is for Poland also) men prefer women who are shorter than them and in most cases, dont care if she is way shorter than him. That makes short girl advantageous, if not, not disadvantageous. But this is not the case in Nordic countries. Guys prefer women tallest as possible (in some logical degree but it is not uncommon for guys to want women taller than themselves) However no luck those guys because average woman is shorter than men. Closer to mens average due to "sexual selection" but still. Also for any other Western country, womens height is rarely in consideration in terms of attraction as long as she is not tall tall or short short. If you ask a random guy how her dream woman look like he will mention about body proportion, breasts, ass, face, weight or so. height is generally belower on the list. But If you ask a Nordic men how her dream woman looks like, "she must be tall, above X centimeters" would be the first thing he will say. Breast, butt, face or anything would be after that.

So we can say, Nordics are the only area short girls are in the same boat with short guys, in dating area. Girls do leg lenghtening surgery than breast enlargement surgery even though it is much more riskt and expensive. I explained why.

• 6d

Okay so this take is bullshit. This is YOUR opinion, no general opinion. I'm not saying that men prefer shorter or average height women, rather it depends on the men or the country. But what you said about the body is a big fat lie. I'm average on the shorter side but I have very short legs, my firend is also of average height with a very slim body while other is short with beautiful curves. You can't define beauty by height.

• 6d

I feel like your take is not necessary correct because beauty standards differ around the world. Like in Asia they like shorter women and in the US they prefer shorter women also. So I feel like your standard have somewhat been shaped by your culture and well obviously your own opinion on what’s beautiful to you personally. But to assume that all men around the entire planet have the same beauty standards as you is just silly. I see that you are from a region that has a bigger population of taller women so it’s not surprising that you and others in your region prefer taller women. But in places like Asia they prefer shorter petite women because it’s the norm there and cutenesses is more coveted over there than sexiness. At least from what I have experienced. Also I saw you saying you can’t rap your head around men not automatically wanting taller women. That’s just your closed mindedness no offense at all but it’s kinda true. It’s like saying you can’t believe men will settle for anyone who isn’t blond, or that a man could ever love a girl who is not of the same race or ethnicity as him. People differ from one another it’s just how the world works

• 6d

Also where I come from female height is barely a factor when it comes to dating and attracting men. And you also mentioned slimmer women are preferred were you live. Over here men tend to go for thicker girls. Thick girls are literally praised over here.

• 6d

J2ohhhhh choosing a women based on what your children will look like is very rare for men were I life. In my society it’s considered conceited. But I’m not going to knock it if it’s apart of his culture who am i to judge. Also I see the advantages of being tall but there’s also advantage of being smaller. One is not inherently better than the other especially in modern society where we have created things to aid our short or “tall” comings. See what I did there lol, I’m sorry 😐

• 6d

Men's preferences also rely on what is available. I'm just saying that I'm not sure I would not prefer tall women if they were more common, here in the UK.

• 6d

Just lmao at anyone who actually cares about a girls height.

I would date a 4'7 just as much as I would date a 6'4 babe.

Ain't no time for shallowness in my world.

😎😎😎😎😎

• 6d

That's not true. Some men prefer short some prefer tall some prefer avarage. All three are beautiful and it's all preference. And you have every right to prefer tall women but according to my experience most men prefer shorter. That's just my experience and just like I said all three are just as good.

• 6d

Depends on your country I guess. Guys in US and UK dont have a particular preference for short or tall women in general, studies have shown that. Maybe only important think is women should be shorter than men, that is all. Average women is shorter than average men so height od women is rarely in consideration

However Scandinavian men seem to have a strict selection for tall women because whenever a girl ask a question like "I am 5'7" and it is only an inch above average and guys think I am too short" kind of questions, she is either from Denmark, Sweden, Norway or Finland. I dont know the reason why there is such a different view about height in those countries but it seems height is heavily valued for women there compared to other features (boob size weight ass size face)

• 6d

@Morriganhell I am from Sweden and according to my experience most men prefer short girls. And ofcorse there are beauty standards but then they are also personal preference. And there are different perference all over the world. So some men prefer short and some tall and some avarage.

• 7d

Good take, I also tend to prefer tall women, but being in the United States, I am in the minority.

I think that most American men are insecure about their masculinity, so they tend to want a short woman to make them feel better about themselves.

Of course, I also think most American women have the same insecurity about their femininity, so they want a tall man for the same reason.

• 5d

Just came to see what others had to say. I’m 5’1 can’t say I cared enough about my height to take growth pills or have surgery done but everyone has things they prefer so can’t judge you there

• 6d

What? Since when do we give a shit how tall a girl is? I feel like this post was made by a short guy who is mad and decided to get a little bit of revenge by giving girls a taste of their own medicine or something.

• 6d

No, he is from Swedenland and it is how works there
      Generally only short men suffer around the World but Scandinavia is the only place where short girls are "short men"

• 6d

Before I lost my virginity I almost exclusively went for women shorter than me by a bit.

I mean I’m 6”0 and I preferred women less than 5”7. I just found it cute.

After having sex I realised how endowed I was and no matter what I tried it was never fully comfortable with my body size choices.

Now I prefer women over 5”7 in that sex is comfortable and I don’t have to always be careful instead of enjoying sex.

Preferences can vary reason to reason and change

• 7d

Are people actually thinking this way. Taller is better? If average height is taller than in other countries I assume in the long run tall gens thrived more. Interesting take, I used to think it isn't a big deal to be tall at somewhere, where everyone is tall. But it makes sense you guys are tall for a reason.

• 6d

Blah! Plenty of guys who like short, adorable, cute girls. Not Amazon masculine ones. Haha

• 6d

Preach, sister! Preach!

• 1d

this comment isn’t necessary. although i do agree the majority of guys definitely prefer shorter girls it just makes me feel really insecure that you would say this. i’m 5’10” and i’m really struggling to love my height. i often just wanna cut my legs off i really hate being tall. also just because your tall does not mean you’re masculine and that you can’t be cute. i’m actually very tiny not masculine at all. i don’t know what you would know about being cute because you just seem very butthurt about this whole situation and it really shows your character lmfaoo. your opinion though, you think what you want but your comment is just rude and puts people down. have a nice day ! :)

• 18h

Ugh can you not all are nice like both have pros and cons!!

• 7d

Many of you guys are insecure about a woman having more money or even having more sex partners cause y’all are afraid she might be better but being taller? 🤣🤣👌this just ain’t true.

• 5h

Cool mytake. However I understand that beauty is in the eye if the beholder. I'm 5'9 without shoes and have been complimented on many times on my legs, height and also physique , but I'm aware that their are probably some guys who may not like tall girls.

I shocked however as to why their are some people under this take bashing tall woman and calling them names. What is an "Amazon"? Lame move.

• 6d

That is why you prefer tall women. I love short women and I am 6’ I really love it when they are less than 5’2”

• 6d

Speak for yourself. Plenty of guys prefer shorter girls too.

• 5d

But aoarentky one ignorant girl disagrees with me. Lol. This place. Smh.

• 3d

In the USA we have such diversity of races and cultures that the height thing isn’t such a goal. I see tall men and short men too, with all kinds of different preferences; height, features etc. I am 5’5” and have some Swedish origin. Men have found me attractive because I am of average height and fair coloring, and my beauty is the classic type. I attract all kinds of men but my height was never an issue. I have good genes, What I often see is a little lady with a very tall man because we have the opposites attract factor going. The tall ladies are often resentful that there aren’t very many taller men left for them.

• 5d

Yeah, taller women are better at extended births and men love passing their genes.

Men are designed by God to have the need to pass their seed. That's why men are most attracted to women in the prime and peek of her fertile years.

• 4d

I don’t think this is true of all. Everyone is different and prefers different things.

• 1d

Well my cousin is 5.9 she is really popular among guy's but many guys also hit on me despite being 5 .5 and you don't need to be tall to have good body My body is perfect. and people think that my legs are best part of my body.

• 2d

Sure, that's why Asian girls are among the most desired although most of them are short.

• 4d

If that were true for 3.5 billion people (aka men's population number) most women would be single, which is not entirely the case.

• 4d

I dont mind a taller girl.
    I met a girl in school once who was about 5'11. And I was really into her. she's like 6 feet something. And still as beautiful as ever. I wanna ask her out. But I'm too damn shy, and only 5'7.

• 1d

aww don’t be shy. i’m actually very tall around 5’10” but i still find shorter guys attractive. you’ll never know if you don’t try. if she’s a great girl i’m sure she’ll focus more on your personality <3

• 5d

I prefer shorter myself. But height isn't important either to me.

• 3d

I'm pretty sure this is the girl asking questions about her short height on her other profile. You need therapy.

• 6d

I prefer short women. Should've reworded it a bit, mate.

• 3d

I don't buy it. I like tall girls because they can get to the better apples in the tree, but if she can climb, it's all the same. Or she can outrun that lion in the bush.

It's proportions that seem relevant. That said, I like girls within 2" of me in general.

I've seen tall guys go for really short girls more than once. Tall girls go for short. I think it may be a superficial initial issue, but not a lasting or very relevant. The girls do the selecting (yes to the date)... the guys just present themselves.

• 5d

You're talking bullshit and just trolling. I prefer shorter women.

• 7d

Yeah I agree. Both of my exes were about 6ft. I don’t go out of my way to select taller girls, but it just keeps happening and maybe I am subconsciously.

• 5d

Tbh height doesn't really matter to me I do love a short girl tho but I fall in love with a tall one to for me it's the personality

• 4d

ugly. who wants a woman taller then you with giant feet? gross!

shorter women are easier to beat down! lol just a joke

• 1d

lol honestly i agree, no one wants a girl that’s 5’10”. i think i would know because i am a girl that 5’10” lmfao

• 5d

I like girls my size or shorter like to my shoulder and I'm 5'9-5'10.

That being said shorter girls can have nice legs to, it's all about exercise.

• 6d

I've never heard of tall women being desired (apart from by tall men)
    And given how women won't date men shorter then them this leaves a very short list of men who want tall girls

• 6d

I'm a midget (5' 9'' or so), I'll be labelled a pervert if I stare too much at tall women.. but I'm an ass guy so more power to me.. yummeh

• 6d

Whatever floats your boat. I personally love my shorter than average man. He's hot!!!

• 17h

It’s true yes but even womanly figure is what it comes down to eventually.

• 6d

Only some men prefer tall women and they are usually men that are tall themselves.

• 6d

What? Most guys I've talked to prefer short women O. o

• 17h

Never heard that one before lol. In my experience in real life most guys are with women shorter than them.

• 6d

This isn't true at all. I don't want a woman to be too short, but that's only because I don't want a short son that will be ignored by women.

• 5d

But i don't. That's too much straw manning right there.

• 6d

I prefer shorter girls. I find them very cute and feminine.

• 1d

Awesome thread I am a swedish viking and prefer tall women

• 2d

I like women that are 3 feet tall. Saves their knees.

Show More
16