Girls, Would you date a guy with weird and unusual name?

Do you really care about what the guy's name is when it comes to dating? Would you date a guy who has a long (9 letters) and a little complicated/weird name?

• Yes I would date him
  • No I wouldn't
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol if a name is a deal breaker to someone then they have a problem

• but if you have to spend first two minutes of your conversation explaining your name that definitely kills attraction to some extent I guess lol.

• Meh I've had to have people repeat their names and I've had to repeat mine. It's really not a big deal.

What Girls Said 15

• Haha, of course, name is pretty irrelevant when it comes to dating. You're dating the person not the name. I don't see how someone's name could be a deal-breaker. It's not like it's their fault they have that name.

• yes, but I don't know always felt that this name was holding me back, and I have anxiety when introducing myself so that could be the reason.

• Ahh, don't feel like that! I'm sure your name's not that bad and people really don't care.

• Hey you're back! You are the guy that said you wanted to change your name right? A name really isn't a deal breaker. I have a 5 letter name but people mess it up all the time.

• Yeah, my name isn't long but it's not common.

So, I would be ok dating someone with a rare last name or first name.

• Does he have a nickname?

• yes he does but in my country people do not use nicknames generally.

• If a girl doesn't go out with a guy for that reason, she really needs to get her priorities in order.

• Is that the only basis of attraction we care about here? Names?

• YES!!! Name never matters! I would totally date a Fernando or an Alejandro. Dating a guy named Alejandro is a plus because his name is a Lady Gaga song and everyones gogo 4 gaga. (I'm kidding don't worry) But still I would date a guy with a mysterious and weird unique name. It's cool with us Laaadies.

• Yeah I don't have a problem with that.

• As long as I can pronounce it.

• i actually love unusual names... if a guy was called link, it would be like... wow

• How is a name a deal breaker?

• I don't know but people generally don't seem to like it, even though it's not a dirty word or something.

• Mine is weird too, people just settle for my nickname. I don't know if someone would reject you for that, it is pretty immature of them.

• a guy's name like Christmas?

• No, name doesn't matter. Might need some help pronouncing it. Lol :) Just be a nice guy and you're off to a good start.

• Yes, I wouldn't care.

• yeah i would!