He said he loved me and I didn't say it back, then stopped talking to me. Is he upset or has he given up?

The guy I'm seeing and have been with for 2/3 months said he loved me when he was drunk. I didn't say anything back, and then a week later, whilst drunk said it again, in more detail. He wasn't acting weird with me during the times we saw each other even though I didn't say it back. Then he said it for a third time a week or so later also whilst drunk and I didn't respond telling him I loved him.
I saw him the next day for half an hour and he was clearly really tired but wasn't acting off. After he left I have tried to ask him to come over twice and he has said he's too tired both times. He also hasn't spoken to me in 5 days apart from me asking to see him those two times. Normally we talk pretty much everyday.

Do you you think he's upset that i didn't say it back? but why so suddenly, when he wasn't before hand?

Or do you u think he's just given up?

im giving him a few more days and if he still hasn't contacted me I'm going to call him and ask if something wrong. But until then, any thoughts?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, how would you feel if you tell somebody several times you love him and he's silent as a fish? You'll at least feel hurt and stupid for opening your mouth at all. He's probably reconsidering if he wants to be with you. If you want to fix things - talk to him. If you're not serious about the relationship - be honest with him and let him go.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's hurt. He opened up to you and feels you shut him out.

What Guys Said 1

• he wasn't serious.!! just wanted to bang.!! no offence.☝

• We hang out all the time where we don't have sex. And he's said it afterwards

What Girls Said 1

• He only wanted sex.