Guys, what are your texting habits like when you're interested in a girl VS when you're not?

Just interested hearing a few opinions. I'm going on second date with a guy this weekend and his texting habits suck. It's too early for me to have a phone call with him, plus I'd feel a bit awkward so texting allows me to have a conversation at my own pace and I can think more on what to say. He's a bit of an enigma because I know he's interested in me, but he barely texts (we keep a conversation going mainly throughout the week and usually involves small talk and planning the next date) and iwe probably swap maybe 1 or 2 messages a day.

If this question does well, I might ask one for us girls.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I make that bitch suffer muhaha. All kiding aside, I kind of do. Few guys actually get the "game" and how to make a girl's attraction for you grow. Believe it or not, doing this is very beneficial to the girl, it helps her attraction grow faster. When I first start dating a girl this is my go too: First date, text her when I get home telling her I had a good time. Then I'll text her about 2 days before I want to plan for the next date so I usually text after 4-7 days. I keep this up until she starts texting me first (all the ones that are actually interested do), once she starts consistently initiating convos I'll text her first every now and then (like for every 4 times she texts me first I'll initiate once). Works great because it drives the girls nuts and makes them constantly think about you and if she's thinking about you it's a good thing, especially if she starts getting frustrated and annoyed. I just try and keep texting to a bare minimum, I mostly use it to just plan dates.

• Wow how do you keep track of all that? haha. For me though, if a guy had a texting game it would put me off and the constant annoyance and questioning would be draining. But that's just my opinion. I prefer guys who are just straightforward.

• text him either. Wait maybe he actually doesn't like me? Fuck did I fuck things up? If he liked me he would have texted me by now. What if I text him? I'm sure it'll be fine... no he should text me.. pissed off. Fuck it I don't want him anyway, he's a jerk. Gets a text, omg he actually likes me!!

• I respect that the fact you're now more confident with woman. That's great. And yes, a some women don't know what they want! Our minds are always a muddle. But in my circumstance, I do know what I want in terms of dating (a relationship with someone) and if a guy chooses to play mindgames through texting that shows lack of maturity and I don't have time for that. It doesn't build attraction for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its early / he may just be someone who doesn't go on his phone that much. Had the same problem with my current boyfriend he would go 24hours without texting and i thought he wasn't interested but he explained he just isn't a phone person... however when we started a relationship i asked that he'd at least text me every evening so i know he's alive 😂

• It gives you more to talk about IRL as well!

• Haha that's a fair point. This guy lives quite far from me, and I don't drive so texting (and maybe ringing if things progress a bit more) is a much needed (IMO) form of communication to keep in touch. I might just ask jokingly ask him this weekend if he's not much of a texter haha

What Guys Said 5

• You have to consider the "honey moon phase" where the texts are instant.. but after that.. it dies down.
    even if a guy is interested in a girl... his life doesn't revolve around her... he will text when he Has The Time to text her... and thats just the way it is.

• I completely agree with your last point. I think it's refreshing to not always be constantly texting someone and be secure in the knowledge knowing he likes you and there's a date planned.

• In that case... start planning some dates... find out when you guys both have free times... and will (willingly) want to spend it with the other.
      i might be a techy, but i ain't down for all that techy communication... im old school.. its to her/his face...(aint no "his" btw)... or nothing. so stand up, speak up, do you hon.

• The same for anyone. If I'm interested in them (for a relationship or not) I ask questions try to engage them in conversations and what not. If I'm not interested then I don't bother. Or will give curt replies.

• When interested I'll make the conversation last and it would be a lot deeper. When not interested, its just to get information forward.

• Fuuu well if im interested i try to listen to everything they say, if im not ill respond with short answers that are meaningless

• Everybody is different if I'm interested I probably seem a little to eager text lol it's instant unless I feel really bad about it like it's annoying

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!