Do guys prefer long hair or short hair on girls?

• Long hair! Most definitely!
  • Short hair is best!
  • Doesn't matter i like both!
    Vote C

1330

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a girl and she had long hair but cut it short. It wasn't much of a difference other than her appearance and yes she was pretty but I was also dating her because of her personality so I don't think it matters. What does matter is your character.

Most Helpful Girl

• most would prefer long :)

What Guys Said 29

• Long hair, of course!
    It gives to the girl even a more feminine and gorgeous looking! But, of course, if the hair is well maintained.
    Seeing that long, shiny and soft hair in girls it's really, really nice! They look so pretty! It turns me on almost instantly.

I have to admit that some short haircuts look very good in some girls, but the long hairs always will be the best, at least for me.

• 0|0
    • Voted short hair, its my fav in general.
      Then, when we talk about long hair, i defenitely like curls <3.

• I reallt these 2 examples i gaved. My top 2.

• Long, or medium haircut, but I definitely don't like short hair.

• I prefer long hair. Mid back is ideal.

• All the guys who find short hair unattractive and say it makes girls look "masculine" must be secretly gay for long-haired dudes, that's all I can say.

• Long hair is more natural

• More natural? It's hair. How can it get more natural than that. Long hair is more likely to be fake cus extensions

• I just think if a girl has long hair she just appears to look like her more natural self. probably because girls normally have long hair, haha

• This is the first time I've ever seen anybody use your point, and it's a good one. I get where you're coming from. That falls into he same category as women who prefer men with (clean) facial hair. It takes a lot of money to get your hair cut and dyed every other month, so it makes sense to say girls who have natural and long hair are more comfortable with themselves.

Nobody likes hair extensions. Girls look better with short hair than hair extensions because they're fake and make a girl look like she's trying too hard

• For whatever reason I think long hair looks better on smaller girls and shorter hair looks better on bigger girls, in general. Who agrees?

• For the most part, I like long hair on women.

Short hair on women that get me interested are few and far between.

• I don't mind either as long as I can run my fingers through them even sort of is OK and as long as its not Rapunzel long hahah

• 1Corinthians 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
    But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."

• depends on the girl. some rock a short. cut to the shoulders and some rock the rapunzel look but dont look like a dyke and dont shave yo head. TOTAL TURN OFF

• Actually, I usually prefer long hair, because it's funky, I like the way you can just be in a room and dance to a beat, flipping your hair, back and forth like you are the life
    of the party, but if you really want to be cool and uptempo then short hair is for you.

• Short hair can be good if done right.

• Doesn't matter to me i like both on a girl.

• def long hair, down to her boobs is the best

• both look fine but long hair is always looks best

• I like woman with longer hair and of dark color

• 99% prefer long hair

• it depens on the face type. i think short hair suits jennifer

• whatever compliments her looks

• I prefer long, but short can work.

• Definitely Long hair

• I find women with long hair more attractive.

• the messy bob is the best

• Both. But it shouldn't too short like in the picture.

• If you're Jennifer Lawrence it doesn't matter.

• Wow short hair is unpopular o3o

• Long hair. Only a very few women can pull off short hair and look good. It seems like women like it and think it looks good but most guys don't.

• What area-pubes?

What Girls Said 12

• As a general rule, they prefer long hair. Shoulder length is still considered long by some as well. But it depends. Good looking, healthy, shiny and natural hair is more important. Also, what hairstyle suits a certain woman.

• My theory is that men like longhair because it reflects stability and consistency, a girl can commit if she's got long locks... I had chin length short hair for the first 18 years of my life but when I did my undergrad I was student poor so I let it grow. It changed mens advances from sex-oriented, to relationship-oriented in my opinion.

• Women of GaG should know to click the 'long' option by now. It is know, most guys like long hair, not all, but most.

• I can't believe how many men voted long lol
    My ex loved my long hair, which is weird because at the beginning of our relationship I had recently donated it and it was pretty short. But it grew and he said it was pretty

• And today, a guy complimented my hair in school! lol He said "I just wanted to say you have really nice hair". and then I said "Thanks but im gonna cut it" and he was like "no! dont cut it, its so beautiful". But i told him im donating it again this year lol
      Complete stranger. He didn't try to ask me out, he didn't get nasty or rude. It was just a nice compliment, made my night haha

• Depends on the guy, but long hair is always a preference, but if the guy really likes you, he wouldn't care if it's long or short.

• long... hair... :(

• The majority of them prefer long hair, but who cares? I am rocking my short afro... LOL

• for most guys, long hair is everything for sex appeal.

• It depends on the guy
    I realized a lot like my shoulder length but shorter? Nah
    Also long hair is amazing too but nothing exaggerated

• Most men secretly prefer long hair but they'll say short hair just to sound accepting.

• i think many like long but a surprising amount like shorter hair on girls

• No men voted short hair, wtf.