Is virginity important to you?

Do you prefer you partner virgin? If yes, would you wait until wedding? If no, is it because they are not experimented? What are your reasons?

• Yes
  • No

1717

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes!
    I myself am 24 and still a virgin, and I will remain until I find a girl I know I will spend the rest of my life with, and I feel so strongly that she has to be a virgin too, and I don’t really know why, it's somehow just so deeply written in my heart, I just think it's so important, and I’m not actually religious at all, it's just as I was born with it... I just so deeply believe in one love only, that when you have multiple partners you simply can't bond that much with any of them, I just feel it as a form of cheating... And I think I can see the difference between virgin and non-virgin girls, at least I was right about all of the few girls that I managed to ask about it, and it's that I see some kind of unspeakable beauty in the girls who still haven’t had any partners, especially the ones that haven't been in any relationships yet, something so beautiful, maybe just the look in their eyes, that it completely overshadows all the physical beauty a girl can have...
    And on the other hand, I met a lot of really gorgeous girls, who already had relationships, and when I looked in their eyes I somehow felt that something so great, so important was missing, that for some reason we would never be able to love each other like we should, to completely surrender to each other, like they lost some faith in love and locked the parts of their heart which became just unreachable... And though I think they found me interesting (I am in fact kinda attractive and successful), every time I eventually backed off, every time reassured of how important it is, at least for me, that beauty, that purity of heart I could find only in girls who still haven't had any partners yet...

• Well, first of all I would like to thank you for your detailed answer and the time you have consacred such an interesting paragraph. I really appreciate it.
      Then I would like to ask you if you think you got impacted from your society and people around you (family, friends, culture, traditions...) to develop such a point of you or it's just the way you see things?

• Well I don't think I got impacted by any of those, cause they all actually suggest me the opposite (especially my parents 😂)
      I really don't know why do I feel that way, and why others don't, at least most of the people I know, this is somehow just so natural to me...
      I think the problem is that today's society, especially here in the "developed world", actually teaches us completely the opposite, that sex is just for fun and that you should enjoy it while you're young, while deeply inside the heart of each and every of us we just know that it's not like that, that sex is an integral part of something so much greater, and that we are all meant for one love only, and that's why everyone gets nervous when they want to do it forcefully, to have sex with someone they don't truly love, in a way to rape themselves, because it's just so profoundly wrong... But many, especially girls, get tricked that they are loved before they do it with the wrong person, and that's what's most horrible to me

• 40 year old virgin part 2 coming out

Most Helpful Girl

• not really.

What Guys Said 16

• I voted No. The idea of virginity only exists so that men can ascribe value to women. It's controlling, archaic, and no longer has any place in the world. How often a woman uses her body for sex does not impact her meaning, nor her personhood; and if anyone says that virginity is important, they are living in the past.

• I enjoy how four women have liked this, while two men have disliked it. Something something social commentary.

• Virginity is a ridiculously outdated notion. Be with the person/people you want to, be smart and be safe about it.

• Virginity is only important to religious and insecure people.

• Honestly being with a virgin sounds exciting but cos it hurts the first time for girl I'd rather be with a girl who's had at least some sex. Much better cos you can fuck her harder

• I would prefer to be with a girl who has had little to no sex, but I dont think I could wait until marriage. I have had some weird experiences during sex so I think I would have to know what sex is like with them before I could marry them.

• i´m completely indifferent to that. but i would definitely not wait till marriage or for longer than a few months.

• "Sexual purity" is for religious prudes. People don't magically become "less" because they've had a lot of sex.

• Yeah

• Virginity is just a myth from church. It's nonsense

• A myth? No, I'm pretty sure virgins exist in real life. Virginity is a thing.

• @rocksongwriter true, and I am one of those even though it s not for religious reasons at all

• its not important unless she is selling it

• No, a girl being a virgin is not important to me.

• nope im more of a "have sex whenever u feel ready" person.

• I do not date girls who are virgins

• if they are not a virgin then i will freak out and get tested for literally everything

• Never leave the third world rathole you call home, friend.

• Yeah dude, Tempe is right up the street. You at ASU?

• nah i got to mesa community college right now.

• I'm not into a partner with more experience and this is pretty common in my opinion.

I'm really sick of seeing questions about if a girl isn't experienced enough. That's such a fantastical mistake, it's ridiculous. Experience in women is only a positive for experienced guys and that doesn't diverge from my position which is I only want people with equal or less sexual experience. Their qualm is that virgins are clingy. But the vast majority of guys, particularly the younger and/or less experienced ones would accept a virgin. I don't think virginity specifically is *super* important but relative sexual experience definitely is.

For me, I'm a virgin and thus don't want someone with any sexual experience at this time. Maybe, perhaps, possibly I'd be okay with very little experience.

• ''How often a woman uses her body for sex does not impact her meaning, nor her personhood''

LOL, tell me people, how many promiscuous women do you know that are happy, fulfilled, and full of life?

How many women do you know that become bitter and jaded even after just a handful of bad boys?

Has society become better in this hookup age?

How often a woman uses her body for sex impacts her entire life, from her mental health, physical health, self image, and future. Disagree with virginity all you like, but that other stuff mentioned is a pipe dream.

• I know many promiscuous women who are happy, as promiscuous men.

What Girls Said 16

• Virginity is not important.
    It's just one stupid fact that someone just never had sex and that's it. Well for us ladies it's a little more let's say difficult but still it's just a stupid fact.
    Also I prefer my partner experienced, so we're on the same page with that

• My virginity was important to me before I lost it. I waited until I got my first boyfriend who I loved and gave it to him. In regards partners, I wouldn't care whether or not they are a virgin.

• The virgin thing is important to some. I live in California so it is different maybe here on views. If you get into a relationship it is not expected to that girl be virgin. I think guys that I been out with want girls with some experience so to enjoy sex.

• My boyfriend is a virgin and im happy about that. We’re waiting til marriage. Neither of us are that experienced so im glad we get to learn together

• Is it for religious reasons? If yes, are both of you religious or one is sacrificing for the other?

• We’re both religious but he's waiting because i asked him too

• it is very important for me

• Yes, of course it is important to me.

• may i know why?

• I tooooooooootally agree with you

• Thanks! ☺

• God no. The last thing I want is a virgin who's my age or up. I'm not here to hold someone's hand and show them how to be a grown up.

• Couldn't care less about virginity, i'm a virgin but would never wait till the wedding.

• Don't really care, actually the idea of a virgin guy is kind of a turn on, but I'd feel bad about their first time being with me, like i'm kind of a let down to who they might have actually lost their virginity to.

• It stopped being important after I was forced to keep it. Though kinda glad I did because at least I didn't lose it to my ex.

• I want to do it with someone I trust, but I'm not expecting to get married.

• Who I choose to have sex with is more important to me than the act of sex itself.

• A man would only ask for this if he thinks he is not good enough and doesn't want to b compared😂😂

• I'd rather date a guy who was not a virgin personally.

• I gave it up at 17. I don't think I've ever done it with a virgin.

• Not really, even though I was raised a Christian I don't plan on waiting till marriage, I don't see the point of it.