Is riding a motorcycle intimidating for guys?

Everyone looks at me and they're like there's no way you ride. Well I do, and then they're immediately shocked and taken back. Is this intimidating? Or does it hurt a guys ego? Some guys seem to back off when they find out I ride. Is riding a motorcycle intimidating for guys?Is riding a motorcycle intimidating for guys?Is riding a motorcycle intimidating for guys?

532

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much, your an 'affront' to there masculinity. Bikes are seen as being manly as fuck, put a female on one and it insights jealousy, if they are attractive even more so as the entire guys are guys and girls are girls thing goes on in heads.

Pretty much it's social conditioning.

It won't happen with everyone

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its badass! Teach me! haha I love motorcycles. They're most likely just shocked/intimidated that you're awesome enough to do that

What Guys Said 31

• No gear? *tsk* *tsk* (or are those kevlar jeans /hoodie?)

http://i.imgur.com/ozuZ2YF.png?1

@mooky06 what gear do you wear?

iruntheinternet.com/.../...umbs-up-1407541825R.gif

• Always wear my white leather jacket. It was just set aside in the picture. Some of my pants are Kevlar but I usually wear jeans.

• It wasn’t too bad (the shoei helmet). You can’t really put a price on safety. I just like the branded stuff

• @mooky06 mmm. . . That sounds like something someone with high IQ would say. . .

Well I'll think about getting a top tier helmet in about a year or so

• Erm... Honestly, it probably is to some, but not all. Mostly those who have never ridden. I ride too and sometimes think my love for riding is weird to others. People just don't understand it.

• I ride so this may not be a question for me, but I like it. Normally it shows confidence in a person and that they are a risk taker. Nothing worse than a girl that never wants to grow or have fun.

• See I agree! But a lot of the guys I know that ride are definitely ladies men due to them riding as well so I tend to keep my distance lol

• Everyone always assumes we live a completely different lifestyle.

• LOL, every time I meet people they think I owe you get laid a lot and you must like to have fun and party. I just find it amusing now

• more like impressing rather than intimidating..
    so yeah its kinda cool for a girl to ride a motorcycle

• The way I see it, free fast ride.

• Nah, it sounds fun if anything.

• No it's not, they're just shocked because it's not something most girls do and I suppose it's not viewed as a feminine thing - guys tend to prefer feminine women after all, although some will find it hot too. What is it with women and thinking that everything that might possibly put a guy off of them must have to do with intimidation?

• I might be surprised at first, but then I'll find it sexy

• Not intimidating at all... I'm sure they're just surprised as they might not think you're that "type" of person.

• Uh, no, guys don't care if you ride, and they're not 'intimidated' by ANYTHING you do. Unless you're physically going to kick their ass. :)

That said, a lot of girls think if they act like a guy then the guys will like them better - utter fallacy. Guys want a girl to be a lady and be in love with them, not be a rider, sports fanatic, DIY'r, etc. They are far more interested in your level of desire and attraction, and not what your level of education is or your career.

• My girlfriend rides, I find it hot and badass

• Pretty sexy in my opinion!

• GIrls that ride are HOOOTTTTT!
    It may be a bit of a shook to guys because it's kinda rare, but any guy that rides will love it.

• All the guys I know that ride are ladies men, so I tend to stay away just because I don't need to be played. Since they ride girls are immediately attracted to them.

• I think it's cool and kind of sexy

• I think it is sexy too.

• Heck no, girls who ride are badass

• No it's normal and sexy for me

• i think its sexy

• Nope I think it’s hot

• No it's just HOT

• Some guys don't like it they prefer girly girls but i find it sexy and cool

• I think its amazing and wish there were more girls in my area to ride with.

• Is this even a question?
    What guy doesn't like bikes?
    I have never met a guy who isn't at least neutral about it.

Although, personally, 4 wheels are better than 2.

• My ex wanted me to sell my bike and didn't like me riding. Needless to say I'm not single bc he couldn't handle me riding.

• I don't care all that much to be honest lol. You want to ride a motorcycle? Go for it.

• Some guys don't have those thoughts, I've had a guy tell me he wanted me to sell my bike.

• Yeah some don't but I don't think most guys care, I mean around here we got a lot of bikers so it's not something unfamiliar to me.

• No, but being as though I don't ride and biker seem to only wanna hang out with other bikers. My chances have dwindled dramatically.

• My friends don't ride I still make time for them. It's just something I enjoy, I hang out with both bikers and non bikers. It doesn't change who I am as a person.

• But you are a rarity. Even on these dating sites they tell you in there profile they are looking for someone who rides.

• Just about every women i know can barely drive a car let alone a motorcycle. I know 0 men who would be hurt knowing there girl drove one tho

• No, not at all! I think it's sexy when a woman rides a bike. I love your bike, what type is it?

• Nope, its cool honestly

• It's awesome! You do you! Your gsx looks beautiful, much like your face! I would ride bitch with you

• Girls look hot while riding motorcycles and you're already hot and sexy ❤

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 4