Guys, would you date an intelligent girl?

The type of girl that may be better at her job than you ( not that there's anything wrong with that but I'm wondering if this is a red flag to any of you ) , who will make a good amount of money and is very smart and has a career in, for example, a stem field, and is overall good at what she does and thinks logically and is a cold person and doesn't like socializing very much. and is somewhat shy/reserved and also somewhat closed off. what would you think about this type of girl? is it a turn off?
Lol , sorry if the question says 'guguy' don't know why it glitched , I meant to say 'guys'.
By closed off and cold I meant someone who isn't smiling all the time and is a social butterfly or something. who is cold with others but is comfortable around you if you get to know her well. and doesn't have many friends , so isn't into having lots of friends , but wouldn't mind meeting new people just wouldn't like to be close to them or so.

435

Most Helpful Guy

• I couldnt live without an intelligent girl.

Well, no i can ๐Ÿ˜, im doing it right now.
    I guess what i meant was i couldnt put up with a girl who wasn't intelligent enough.
    And by what i mean with that is to rely more on logic rather than emotion. It doesn't matter if her iq is 100 or 150. What i mean is she is gonna use that instead of doing weird things that a lot of girls do.

Now i know women will always be women and men will always be men, but at least in serious situations she has to be level headed. And i would like to be able to have deep conversations with her sometimes, without her getting bored, drifting off, or changing the subject.

Too many times i have come across girls who will do things like poke my face, act like children or do other "cute" things when im trying to say something important.
    I just go along, because i dont want to hurt their feelings, and its not like they have any bad intent. But jesus, they gotta save that for later, trying to tell you something here woman!๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

That being said, besides being intelligent, the description is honestly, a bit off a turnoff. Women that work and make a lot of money, especially women who work in STEM fields and the like, tend to be too focussed om work in my taste.

This is because one of the main things i want in a girl is a woman that puts family over work.
    Basically a woman that puts work in the backseat and wouldn't have a problem staying at home and taking care of family matters if needed.

Im a traditional guy, and look for a traditional girl. So regarding work, being very ambitious and work driven is a negative for me. The being cold oart is as well. Im not a very social person. But im very caring towards the oeople in my inner circle. If she isn't much of a people's person, i would be the last person to have a problem with that, but many cold people tend to be cold to EVERYONE. so, id have to see about that, wether she is different to me (and by extention to our future family).

Well, thats basically it. What i want is a smart woman who will take care of our family, raise our kids with the best, logical judgement, and have my back regarding things i may not be always able to keep a check on, like sharing duties.
    For example, she could be the ones keeping finances in check and giving me advice regarding the former. I want to have a big family , with like 4-5 kids, so i guess i will have to find a hell of a woman to be abke to do all these things.

I know, i have way too much expectations

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I respect your opinion , but most of those ambitious , smart women will always put their career over family , it's rare to find a woman who is what you described but also puts family over career, though I'm sure there are many out there even if it's rare. the reason is because it's those traits that make her smart , make her career driven as well. but thats just my opinion so i could be wrong. also what I meant by cold is that I'm cold to people i don't know because I don't want to let them in too quick or get hurt , so what I meant by cold is that cold to people in general but nice and caring to people close to her.

• A very positive influence, but i feel like i was never close enough with her, emotionally. I always felt like there was a bit off a barrier, a distance, which neither of us could breach, even if we wanted to.
      Sometime, when i saw moms and sons being close, i felt a bit jealous.
      I would never tell my mom this, and she will never know. I want her to believe i was/am perfectly happy with our relationship.

As for my sister, she is the one im closest to at home. We always play around, goof around and do silly things. But when i try to be serious and try to tell her something, she oftentimes doesn't seem to grasp me. She realizes that im serious, but doesn't know how to respond.

In her case, she is still young tough, so she may change.
      I accept people the way they are. Its just that I don't know if i could handle either ends. I want a bit of both, i guess.
      I don't know, we'll see how things work out ๐Ÿ˜…

• Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would any sane guy not want to date a girl who is intelligent? lol.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I don't know but some guys find it a turn off. where I come from if guys see that kind of ambitious , smart woman they get turned off by her and wouldn't pursue her and some of them wouldn't even view her as a real woman. I can see how outside where I live though most guys answered yes they would date such a girl , but in my culture and country for some reason many guys don't like girls like this , who have a passion for something , and who want to find out more about everything , and who knows exactly what she wants. these traits come off to those guys as 'serious' or 'unapproachable' or even masculine to some.