Women : Are short guys out of the dating market?

Now I’m a guy who can take constructive criticism, so feel free to be 100 % honest. Now In my highschool Year’s I was always complimented on my looks by girls (and I always flattered because I thought diffrent) , and I never really showed them most attention because I was so focus on school and what not.

Now I’m a college graduate (associates degree) and women have been extremely difficult to talk to. Now I do get women every now and then but if I talk to like 10 girls. I may get 4 of their numbers , and 2 may actually text back interested.

Have you noticed if a girl flirts with a guy , all the guy friends look at the guy like Man U the man. But if a guy flirts with a girl the girls look at the guy like wow we are used to it. ( regardless of how attractive the girls is)

not trying to sound mean but I always see guys who got their self together , can dress, have money , in shape , always complaining about not having a girlfriend or how girls are harsh. And most of the time the women they are with are beneath them as in overweight , unattractive, 2 + children , and etc.

my point is , do you think one , or two flaws in your appearance as in height , nose shape , head shape , can really hinder your self in the dating market?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait a minute, how do you think that a 40% response rate is bad? You get 4 women's numbers and 2 even text you back out of 10? I wish to God I had statistics like that.

What are you looking for exactly? Do you want every woman you approach to give you their phone number?

And where are you meeting these women? I want to go to wherever this place is where people actually like to go out with each other and are pleasant.

Okay, now that I'm done being all shocked and crazy, to answer your question I actually like being with a guy who I can look right in his eyes without having to tip my head up. So short guys actually are attractive to me.

0|1
    0|0
    • I usually meet them in the normal places. I go like grocery stores , I also shop a lot for clothes so sometimes mall , or if I’m out and about and I see something interesting

• Show All
    • Atlanta Georgia

• Ohhhhh okay. You're in the South. Yeah. Makes sense. I live in close to Philadelphia and New York.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends what else is wrong with you. You're a good looking guy tbh. You don't seem a bad catch at all.

For example, I am 5'9, but I have a lazy eye, gynecomasia (Which I surgery to correct)
    I am overweight, and I am hairy all over (Back included)

As you can imagine, I don't have much success. On the positive side: A guy in my street is around 5'2 and has a wife and kids. It's possible.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• I'm 5'2. I'm usually open to guys who are at least 5'8 and taller but shorter than that is a turn off for me. But that being said, I have actually dated a guy who was shorted than me one time. He was 5'1.

So my answer would be no, you're not off the dating market. But it'll be harder for you to date depending on your own preferences. But you're really cute so I don't think your height will interfere a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a problem for some girls. My man is 5'5". When we first met I didn't even notice his height. I was too focused on how sexy he was. Now just like you think overweight women are beneath a being with a sexy man some women think short guys are beneath them. Literally. 🤣 Point is if you see a fat chic with a sexy guy or a short guy with a taller woman to them they aren't beneath them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to them they are the best.

1|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't get girls who won't date short guys. But at the same time I guess it is just a preference. I had a friend say "Oh but you can't talk you have a fall boyfriend." So? I am dating him for his personality and who he is as a person, not because I have to crane my head to look up at him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Height to me matters substantially, I know for other girls they discredit that and will look past it or it will not even be on their radar. I like height and hair (not bald - but baldness is less of an issue for me than shortness) other than that I’m not that picky.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first boyfriend ever was 4 inches shorter than me and I loved him regardless. Hell, he was my first love, first kiss, and I lost my virginity to him. We were 10 and 11 when we started dating and 12 and 13 when we broke up and we're still really close friends! But now I'm single but my friends with benefits is maybe an inch taller than me. I'm 5'4 he's like 5'5. I've always been attracted to shorter guys tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooo
    I love short guy. I'm like 5ft so most guys who are considered short are still taller than me anyways😂 if I was a taller girl I would def date a shorter guy than me. Now I wouldn't mind dating around my height as well

1|0
    0|0
  • I will be honest and say all my boyfriends I’ve had in the past have been over 6ft pretty much all been around the 6ft5 mark and I’m only 5ft2. I think I find taller guys more attractive because they give me that feeling of feeling safe and protected even though I know full well that’s pretty much bullshit and all in my head. It’s got to boil down to just preference I guess and that a taller guy does turn me on

0|0
    0|0
  • No i dont think small appearence factors are a big deal. Its more the confidence level than anything. And i have liked guys shorter than me but id prefer being able to wear heels and still be shorter than them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m 5’7” so any guy shorter than me is really short for a man & I’ve never talked to a guy who wasn’t a little to a lot taller than me. I’m not as picky as some girls when it comes to looks if the guy has a killer personality. However, I must say height is kind of a big deal for me. I don’t need a tall guy necessarily, but they have to be at least 2-3 inches taller than me. I like for guys to be somewhat dominant and a guy who is shorter than me can’t really do that for me visually. I would probably be willing to overlook that if I met a guy with less than ideal height but an amazing attitude and personality!

I think that a lot of girls are way too picky though and many of them aren’t put together enough in their own lives to be that way. So, I definitely see where you’re coming from in that regard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I sure hope not... and to answer original question... the guy I might be interested in is only 5'6", so no, height does not necessarily put someone out of the dating market

0|0
    0|0
  • To me because I’m a tall girl, I don’t like short guys, it makes me feel like I’m a giant when I’m around short guys tbh!

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your height, personally I prefer guys my height or taller. I'm 5'6''.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it can take you off the market depending the other’s preferences. Personally I don’t look at height, but I’m under 5ft so every guy I’ve talked to has been taller than me 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Id say it all depends on what that person is into. If you think you're good looking you're good looking personally I don't go for looks if we click we click

0|0
    0|0
  • No they don't. How you carry yourself matters the most.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me as long as the guy is taller than me we are good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, height doesn't matter to me. I dated guys shorter, taller and exactly my height. I'm 5'6

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about height

0|0
    0|0
  • Somehow yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I know some short guys who absolutely slay. You’re cute, you should do fine if you keep your head up.

0|0
    0|0
    • You don’t have to be everyone’s favorite to get your full of those who do dig you.

• More from Girls

What Guys Said 4

• I heard in English speaking countries it is but I wouldn't agree. Short guys have a great niche. Forget the bullshit you hear.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, one thing only sticks out, and that is personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if their money is tall.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh yeah. Story of my life.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes