How do I recover from accidentally sending a text to the guy I like that was meant for someone else?

I accidentally texted this guy I liked something that was meant to go to my best friend. How this happened was that I was texting both him and her, separately of course, and their names are similar so it got a bit confusing. At one point when I was texting my friend she didn’t respond, so I decided to annoy her with spam texts that said “ why you no text back”, or something like that and I accidentally sent one of them to the guy I liked. The worst part is that it kinda made sense because he takes forever to respond at times because his phone is always dead so when I sent that to him I feel as though he thought it was for him. Now I feel bad and I’m freaking out not knowing what to do, how do I recover from this very embarrassing text fail?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You apologize and admit that wait no that was meant for blank other person... I'm pretty sure everyone has done this at some point or other so... yeah really it's okay. If the guy is worth your interest he won't really care and may even find it endearing.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest. Your texts were meant for someone else, you didn’t mean to spam him, and you’re sorry for the random texts.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• erm.. why are you even asking this?
    you just send a message as soon after as you can saying "sorry, that was not meant for you. please ignore"
    I mean it must have seriously been more effort to write this ridiculous question...

1|1
    0|0
  • Just send him another text. "Whoops. Just realized i sent that one to the wrong person. Lol. 😂" if he replies back lol or happens to me all the time you know you're good.

I used to that all the time cause my phone screwed up. I just got good at back pedeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if it takes forever for him to text back, try to go with the flow and act sarcastic about it, if he gets serious about it just apologize and say you were just trying to have fun

0|0
    0|0
  • How about "Lol sorry, its just that time of the month, u know moodswings nd shit, don't take it seriously"?

0|0
    0|0
  • Send a second text and just tell him that it was meant for someone else.

"oops sorry about that. That was meant for someone else."

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure you intentionally sent that text.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/OopsDidntMeanTo/

0|0
    0|0
  • "Freaking out' over this? What are you going to do when something really important actually does happen?

0|0
    0|0
  • Steal his phone when he's sleeping and delete the message. No just tell him that was for someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Just an "oops that was for someone else too many conversations going at once" would work

0|0
    0|0
  • my bad that was for someone else... I don't see the problem...

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• I just say whoops, this was supposed to go to someone else. I've sent worse things hahah.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes