Can a man under 5'6" ever be considered attractive?

Can a really short man (<5'6") ever be considered attractive? I don't mean, can they find love, but more like would any woman (or gay man) actually DESIRE them, as opposed to just tolerate their physical features? Kind of like how a lot of men have no preference or prefer fat women, even though that's not the normal beauty standard in our culture. Also, does it help if they work out a lot and are fairly toned, or is that more of a "putting lip-stick on a pig" type deal?

Please don't use celebrity examples, that's dumb.

1523

Most Helpful Guy

• While it’s not impossible to get girl if you’re that short, it is significantly harder. I know, I’m 5’5. Majority of girls WILL reject you for that reason, they just might not tell you out right that your height is the main reason.

Now there will be girls who don’t care about that height and over look it if you keep yourself in good shape and have good social skills. But you will very rarely encounter girls who prefer short guys. It is near universal for women to prefer taller. There is no debate on this.

Ask any girl what her “ideal” man is and 99% will start with “tall.” But don’t get discouraged, as a negative attitude will surely get you no action at all. Make money, learn how to talk to women. There will be a few here and there that will tolerate your height because you have other good attributes.

• If the short guy constantly obsesses over his height than it's unattractive! My ex was very confident and pulled tons of chicks!

• @ask_me_anything_girl
      You’re right, most guys prefer that. No debate there.

However, a girl can lose weight and get implants. Guys can’t just grow taller. So it’s not really a good comparison.

• If there was an exercise I could do to be taller, I'd be 6'4". And also, it's not as socially acceptable to be openly cruel to a woman. If someone started tearing a girl apart over her appearance in public, someone would be reasonably expected to come to her defense. If I get torn apart in public, I'm expected to laugh along.

If a guy rejects a girl, and the stated reason is "she's too fat", people have a field-day with that ("what a shallow dick!"). If a girl rejects a guy, and the stated reason is "he's too short", she's just following her preferences (which is true, but so is the first guy). In fact, shorty is a douche-bag for even approaching, doesn't he know he could hurt her self-esteem by thinking he might be good enough for her?

And finally there are men out there who appreciate larger women. Judging by responses to this question, there are no women who appreciate a shorter man. The best a short man can hope for is to be tolerated, never to be someone's first pick.

Most Helpful Girl

• media.giphy.com/media/HTo8ZqxPOEF2w/giphy.gif
    Of course someone under 5'6 can be considered attractive. Since when has height become the most important factor in attractiveness? I'm sorry, I didn't get that memo.

• She said "most", that's cute.

• And it's not your opinion that invalidates others experiences, it's your tone. Like I said lol

• @WhistleForTheChoir The thing is, every time men bring up the subject of height, it frustrates me. I'm sick of men who whine that they'll never get a woman because they're too short and all women are so shallow that they only care about height, money and status. For the record, I'm not saying you're whining. I'm saying this question triggered a defense mechanism that always goes off in me when men talk about what women want in their opinion. It's just a "look at me, I'm not like other women" sort of thing.