Stephen"s Movie review: Sausage Party

Stephen

Just let start off by saying that this movie is controversial to say the least. This movie is loosely about religon and morals in a sense. The movie is about food that is chosen by the "Gods" (Humans) to go to "The great beyond". But they ultimately find out their destiny by these gods is to be eaten, and The Great Beyond is not what it seems to be. The main storyline of the movie is about A hot dog (Seth Rogen) and a bun (Kristen Wiig) who fall in love with each other and want to have sex, but they are afraid to because of "the Gods" might be angry at them for doing so. So they plan to be chosen for the great beyond where they can supposedly live a life of leisure and luxury. But, upon going there they discover that the gods are evil beings trying to eat them. The movie features a zany character menagerie from: A Jewish Bagel, A Islamic Lavash, A Lesbian Taco, A wad of gum that is based on Stephen Hawking, Firewater thatis supposed to represent a Native American Indian Chief, And yeah this movie gets pretty stereotypical and racist. But the movie also has James Franco playing a druggie which I dont know why they always give him that kind of role, it seems like they would give him at least one respectable role. So, Long Story short they fight the humans and a killer Gym Rat Douche (Literally he is a douche bag). Then they have a huge orgy together and the movie ends., I did not really like this movie due to the language for an animated style movie, the racist and religous stereotypes, and pretty much ruins what a good animated movie is supposed to be. So my rating is 2out of 5 stars. Just for the voice cast and the fact that Seth Rogen had the gonads to make a movie like this. So long story short I wouldn't watch it but thats just me.

#Moviereview

#SausageParty

66
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Thisss movie. That ending scene was so gross, haha. And so... explicit. I didn't know food could be so freaky!!! :o

Most Helpful Guy

• good now I know I'm not going to watch it

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• Thank you for an excellent movie review. It sounds like a ridiculous movie, i'll not see this.

• I was down with the movie up until that food porn scene. I saw it with my friend and we were like... wtf? xD

• Good review. I never wanted to see it and now I definitely won't.

• I loved this movie. I guess I have a weird sense of humor. But the ending freaked me out.

• Good review.

What Guys Said 5

• I just watched this last night. It's a stupid movie, but my sense of humor is really stupid so I enjoyed it. It also seems hilarious to watch while high so that will be something I will be doing sometime.

• Here's my two cents:

I think it's fine to not like this movie because it is racist/stereotypical; however, I wouldn't say that the movie's bad "due to the language for an animated style movie." Seth Rogan made this movie out of irony and many people detected it (that's why it blew up). But why did we find it ironic? Because throughout the history of Western Animation, animation has been seen not as a medium but a genre that's "just for kids." As a result, our culture has grown to look down upon anything animated because we think for SOME reason that we can grow to be "above" the art form. Even Academy award judges have rudely discriminated against animated movies and had a very elitist attitude towards the medium. Rogan was most likely aware of this and probably even wanted to shatter the mold a bit (or he could've just wanted to make it ironically, who knows). But still, it is true that animation is often looked down upon (besides being one of the most time-consuming and technical art forms there is). So, I personally wouldn't have worded it that way, saying its "language" didn't fit the "animated style." That implies that you can't have adult language in animation because animation is "for kids". I would've said that the film wasn't good because of it's language, period.

Interesting factoid 😊: This movie was also controversial because they allegedly treated their animation staff poorly. Many animators have come forth anonymously and said that they were asked to do many unpaid extra hours of work. And if they refused, they were not put in the credits! Unfortunately, many animation houses aren't supported by a Union, so if they are victim to things like this, they have no protection. Obviously this is really bad; another reason why I won't even bother watching this movie...

• i never watched it but I thought it was about animal rights and not killing animals

if its about religion then for sure won't even waste my time on a movie like that
    they always portray them as horrible when it comes to religion

like the movie NOAH had nothing to do with the bible it was way off but they are occultist so what do you expect lol

• No, it is not about religion... lol
      I watched it last month, for like 10 min, and it seemed like they were trying to mix porn and food (not a good idea... lol).
      Don't watch it. The movie is horrible... LOL

• @JoyGirl Yes they talk about gods and the great beyond

• Ooooohh, yeah... LOL
      One of them came back from the great beyond, and said it was a terrible place... lol xD

• Great review, but I actually enjoyed it because it was so 'different' for an animated movie! I agree that it is controversial, but when watching it I was just laughing my ass off at those gross 'jokes'! 😛

• lmao It was mainly porn you can watch in the movie theater.