Haruki Murakami: The Writer Who Will Take You to Another World!

Haruki Murakami is a well known Japanese author who has written a number of best selling novels, translated into many different languages.

He tells his stories with the first person-singular which is called "I-novel" in Japanese literature. Actually it is a kind of confession as it shows some signs from the auther's life.

But he doesn't tell his stories as him himself. Sometimes he becomes a frog and sometimes he becomes an old man...

Most of his novels include the theme of death!

Murakami is not only a writer but also a marathon runner. He also wrote a book about his running life. It is called "What I talk about when I talk about running."

Another interesting thing about him is that he is into classical music and he thinks playing an instrument is a mind journey just like writing a novel.

So, do you want to attend that journey of Murakami? If you say yes then get ready for advanture!

11

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a deep thinker and tend to brake down and analyze detail by detail something i find important.

there's no greater feeling than expose ones own core motives and turn them into fears. Characters who thinks about sex and death deeply turns that void into doubt. You feel most alive when choices are made that results in bad reaction.
    For example you have been saving up to get that new couch you wanted from your sister, its the only one left but you owe a friend money which due yesturday. On a small level you either pay the friend or get couch.

Im a novelist to but im really interested

Most Helpful Girl

• I have read two stories by him
    - The Elephant Vanishes
    - Second Bakery Attack

I liked them both. His books are on my to read list

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!