My Review of Atomic Blonde

I saw this movie about a week ago and I thought it was alright. It’s nothing special but it’s still good. It was very predictable but at least it is a original character. here is my review of this film.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

1.) Mostly told in a flashback: Most of the movie is told by the protagonist in a flashback. Normally I don’t like when films show part of film’s climax at the beginning but in this film, it was done right because not many details where given aside from the fact that she got in a very strenuous brawl and because it was important to the movie plot.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

4.) The setting: Most of the film takes place in East Berlin in 1989, a few days before the wall came down. The protagonist is sent into East Berlin by MI6 to retrieve a list. A interesting place for the film to take place in, not many action films are set in East Germany. The originality was the best part of this film.

East German flag
East German flag

3.) This movie looks familiar: One thing I noticed and so did several other people is that the movie felt very similar to a John Wick movie. The cinematography, the lighting, the pace, the music and the action scenes all resemble a John Wick movie. Some people in the YouTube comments of the trailer have even called the film “Jane Wick”. Side note, one of the actors(Daniel Bernhardt) who stars in atomic Blonde also had a role in the first John wick film. Note: the comparison of Atomic Blonde with John Wick is actually a compliment.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

4.)The villains: The antagonists in the film are communists, a mix of East German police and KGB agents. The protagonist goes around unleashing her fury on her foes in creative ways throughout the film.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

5.) The fight scenes: Surprisingly the fight scenes weren’t cheesy and were fairly entertaining to watch due to them slightly resembling John Wick’s fight scenes.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

6.) Weak plot twist: The plot twist itself wasn’t impressive, you can see it coming a long way. They tried to keep it secret but it’s still easy to piece the puzzle together.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

7.) Lesbian scene: I had a feeling that this movie was going to show woman on woman action. I saw this coming a mile away. Yes there is a lesbian sex scene. Personally this isn’t my cup of tea, it was nothing special. The lesbian sex scene was passionate, while the lighting was too dim. However, this lesbian or bisexual relationship between the protagonist and another woman actually played a major role late in the movie. Look, I have nothing against lesbians but I feel that aside from being a major part of the story, the lesbian sex scene was also just another way of attracting both male and especially female viewers.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

8.) Mediocre suspense: There were some parts that had suspense but in many other parts, it just wasn’t there.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

9.) Creativity and originality: As I mentioned above, the originality was the greatest strength of this film. Yes it’s based on a novel but is still original since they didn’t borrow and radically modify an existing franchise. The creativity is also decent in both fight scenes and in practical effects, specify the “umbrella crowd” scene.

My Review of Atomic Blonde

10.)Overall: It’s an alright film, not as good as the John Wick films but close enough. I rate it a 7.2/10. A sequel to Atomic Blonde is being made although it’s release date is unknown.

79
ADFSDF1996 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• The movie was 4/10. The trailer with kanyes song shouldve been the movie. It was 9/10 and better than the actual movie. Yea the lesbo scene was unnecessary and came in super late. I got bored less than an hour into the movie. Although i let it play through i hardly watched. Very disappointing movie. I thought she’s be cool like in Hancock and Mad Max but nope. This movie was awful

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah that sounds like an awful movie thanks for the heads up. I don't get why its called that though since it has nothing to do with Debbie Harry's life bio. Toss that all aside though I am a big fan of Blondie. Atomic is also my favorite song from hers.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • It was awesome. And the fight in the stairwell is as good as it gets in a spy movie for fight scenes.

Just watch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XarGS1AeEcE

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Let's see here..

*The men don't hold back on the brutality just because they're fighting a woman; Check.

*Choreography is realistic for woman v men; Check ((there are a couple times you can see her using their momentum against them)).

*Nobody goes straight for the nuts; Check.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• I'd give it slightly higher rating but I agree with the weak plot twist. I mean, it was clear almost since the beginning of the film. But I still like the movie and dare to say it's a decent female version of John Wick.

• I watched that movie last summer. It was entertaining, but I didn't understand what was happening half of the time.
    I really liked the soundtrack though.

• i agree with your review! The movie held my interest but was completely forgetable for me.

• nice take

• The fight scenes were pretty cool.

What Guys Said 7

• lols, i was wondering what the difference between Atomic Blonde and regular blondes are, then i clicked the mytake and find out it's about a movie LMAO

• I watched the movie too...

Lesbian sex scene is epic..
    Movie is mysterious..
    And the fight Scene are realistic.. As then get exhausted when they.. Fight more and more..
    I don't think you got what happens in the movie in the end..

She goes in as an agent.. But she infact is the person everyone is looking for..
    She frames the male protagonist.. With that name.. Kills him..
    And ensures nobody gets the list.. So there could be an end to the war.. And there would be ✌️peace..

• I think you were downvoted because you gave away the plot!

Why did you do that man?

• @RolandCuthbert hahaha... There is a lot more to see.. In action..
      And most people won't get a plot so deep so they better.. Read it in simple English here.. 😂🤣😂

• I wouldn't date the protagonist because she's very stale with no personality traits other than ass kicking, but she is pretty and tall.

• The lesbian sex scene was put in there to put male asses in the seats. Why would it appeal to the majority of women?

• According to “P” hub statistics, Lesbian sex is the number one catergory viewed by women.

• Pornhub stats are a horrible metric to calibrate the percentage of the lgbt population. I wish more people understood this.

• I mean that even straight women watch lesbian porn.

• You are a few months too late buddy.

• I usually review films right after watching them, I put this film aside until recently.

• she gets me off

• nice western propagandas in films.