My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

Jjpayne

I was thinking of possibly doing 80's and 90's too but I am going to start with this for now. This is not going to be as detailed as my other song lists because this is simply about the flow of the music per say. Each song is more about the flow of the music and just what I was feeling when I put this all together. It kind of is a random assortment that I placed together but I listened and looked for songs and if it felt right, I just plopped it in. This is in no order but will be numbered so people can comment. This is basically something I would place on a cd and have it be my 70's mix for the summer. I would encourage others to share their own options as well. I guess it's time to pull out the 8-track tape.

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix
My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

1. One of These Nights - Eagles 1975

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

2. Telephone Line - Electric Lights Orchestra 1977

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

3. Maybe I’m Amazed - Paul McCartney 1970

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

4. Operator (That's Not the Way It Feels) - Jim Croce 1972

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

5. Tiny Dancer - Elton John 1972

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

6. Shambala - Three Dog Night 1973

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

7. Take the Money and Run - Steve Miller Band 1976

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

8. Monday Morning - Fleetwood Mac 1975

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

9. Domino - Van Morrison 1970

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

10. Old Days - Chicago 1975

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

11. Whenever I Call You Friend - Kenny Loggins And Stevie Nicks 1978

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

12. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes 1979

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

13. Fire and Rain - James Taylor 1970

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

14. Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard - Paul Simon 1972

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

15. Share the Land - The Guess Who 1970

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix

So, that's it in a nutshell. Just did some searching and those songs seems to reach out to me from the rest. Please share songs that make it to your 2020 1970's summer mix! and let me know what you think of my selections :)

My Super Summer Seventies 2020 Mix
6
10

Most Helpful Guy

• TadCurious
    You picked some really good songs. I heard a lot of this stuff when I began digging through my parents' records and tapes. And of course you can hear some of these every now and then on the right radio station. Solid list.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• KingdomForAKiss
    @Jjpayne this is an awesome playlist! I'm a big Jim Croce fan. The only one I don't think I remember hearing before is Me and Julio!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

59
  • supercutebutt
    Your list is pretty good. But you are missing Crosby, Stills & Nash, Neil Young, David Bowie, Steely Dan, Patti Smith, Joni Mitchell, Leon Russell, Nick Drake, Cat Stevens, Boston, Al Stewart, Rod Stewart, John Lennon, Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult, Jefferson Starship, Queen, The Moody Blues & The Stampeders. And you are probably asking, "Who are the Stampeders?" Well google 'Sweet City Woman' and you'll understand.
  • JackSmy
    LOL!! And MEMORIES!! Dude, were you even ALIVE for most of these? Thanks for the tour down Memory Lane. . .
    • Jjpayne

No but my parents were :)

• I-am-a-nobody
    I really like Operator. Too bad I'm not coordinated enough to play the whole thing on a guitar. Nice pain filled song similar to Telephone Line in content. Maybe I'm Amazed might be McCartney at his best.
  • 1kink
    There's not much about the 70's not to like and for good reason. When FM radio started in the 70's, DJs were free to play album cuts instead of singles, hence why so many b sides were played and became bigger than the intended single. DJs also played what people requested to get the number of listeners up. This really helped a lot if great bands get on the radio who wouldn't have otherwise because of corporations and payola
  • Moonchild714
    Nice picks. I have Playlists of 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, & 90s, each broke up into Rock, Country, Easy Listening, & Love Songs.
  • Liam_Hayden
    I like them all except "Escape." I know it is so 70's but it is far less musically interesting to me than any of the other songs. I probably would have put something by ABBA or Boston or Sweet there instead.
  • Coylord
    I literally have listened to all of these and more since quarantine started.
  • jimmy2
    Man music stsrted to go down hill after the early 80s. There no music like Classic Rock. After that was that damn Disco and BeeGees
  • Nikki1989
    Like them all except number 12
  • NYCQuestions1976
    Pretty good list. 👍
  • Good mytake
  • 👏 👏 👏 👏
  • LEADFOOTboi
    MAKE ME SHARE LAND...