Emma Watson - most overrated actress in the looks department?

I was talking to my guy friend about why so many guys love her, and he was like, "HAVE YOU SEEN HER?"

And I wasjust like.. yea.. she ain't all that...

Don't you agree that she's seriously overrated?

3245

Most Helpful Guy

• In terms of the "looks department," who cares?

I mean, I understand that she's an actress, but her job isn't to "look good." So what if there are hoards of better-looking women out there? Besides, she has an "agent" as a young actress, whose job includes trying to get the media to agree to paint her in a positive light and over-do and over-react to how "beautiful" she looks. It's called "hype" building.

I think the biggest reason guys are into her is because of her role in Harry Potter, and how they're seeing their once innocent non-sexual childhood emotional crush develop into a somewhat sexually relevant woman simultaneously with the age of her viewers and fans (and testosterone levels).

In terms of her acting ability, I don't think she's anything remarkable as an actress. Rooney Mara and Kirsten Dunst have done way better jobs as actresses at much younger ages - and in more challenging films and roles.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 44

• nope x_x
    I think she is super pretty <3

wondrouspics.com/.../...-watson-wallpaper-hd-1.jpg</a>

• Emma Stone is the only Emma for me
    i.memeful.com/media/post/WwlrxvR_700wa_0.gif

• Hahaha I would probably agree! Have you seen her Lip Sync battle with Jimmy Fallon?

• Emma stone annoys me I don't know why I think it's her voice I find annoying.

• @ConsultantIsBack And Jimmy Fallon's "Box of Lies" game with her was hilarious too. xD Fallon has played that game with many guests on the show, but Emma Stone's sense of humor made her game the most entertaining one out of them all, by far lol.

• For a "real world" girl she is hot, but by movie star standards, she is plain-Jane and unremarkable.

• It's because she looks realistic. Women can look like her in everyday life. She doesn't look like she jumped out of a photoshopped fashion mag.

• most overrated? no probably not

I think a lot of people really find her attractive because they witnessed her transformation from slightly awkward pre-teen to cute adult. I think she is pretty and has a girl next door vibe about her.

• I agree 100%. No doubt she is attractive, but she isn't a 10. To me she is a common 7. Over rated for sure in my book.

• I think that most every popular actress is overrated. She is no more overrated that most others. She is very beautiful.

• I think she's really fucking hot so I don't think she's overrated. She hasn't got star quality though, but she would stand out in the crowd that's for sure.

• most over rated is by far, jennifer lawrence. Im so sick of hearing every one licking her feet

• I think she is pretty, perhaps not the prettiest, but I wouldn't turn her away if I were single and she was interested in me.

• To me she's nothing special, I also don't understand why so many guys drool for her, she's average to me.

• She's gorgeous with that short hair tho but if people don't find her attractive then by all means you have your opinion this isn't Isis or is it? Dun dun dun

• Since beauty is relative, many people will think she's overrated and many won't. I don't think she is.

• Her looks are overrated, her acting ability is overrated. That's harsh, but yeah in my opinion she's pretty damn overrated lol

• No, I think she is smart and beautiful.

• There's math to it, certain features are generally always attractive, she has many of these features.

I forget the details, but there's science in it.

• What features?

• Cheek bones, brow ridge, jaw line, there's certain measurements that are usually attractive to men, many of her numbers fall within the preferred range, so she's commonly considered attractive.

• I see it - I think she is gorgeous

• Yeah, I agree with you. She's attractive, I suppose, but it's been overblown to such a degree that I just don't see it. I think it has to do with the fact that many guys practically grew up watching the Harry Potter films and had a crush on her.

• She's very pretty, but not so beautiful that anyone should lose their mind over her.

• don't gripe, lol.

if she's not that good looking to your eyes, be glad thebar is being lowered.

and no, she's not overrated.

• I think she's hideous.

• I actually do think she is kinda overrated. I have seen cuter gals.

• Hmm I think her progressive political views are what make her attractive to me, but that is all.

• She is attractive. In fact, I think that's the only thing I like about her. I'm not crazy about her, either.

• She is beautiful but very over rated

• It's not just about her looks, it's her personality that makes her appealing. She has a very good, reluctant to anything impure and strong standing with what she believes kind of personality in every movie, and her looks express that it might be the way she it too.

Also it could be what Makes all of her "looks".

Your personality can change your appearance as much as your haircut drastically can.

• NO, she is perfection personified!
    I'm joking, she is my absolute favorite but everyone will have their own opinion. I think a lot of people like her even more because of HP. I've never seen any of them but she is 10 in my book.

• She's not my first choice in looks, but she's definitely not my last.

• she's has that I don't know what that makes her SO FNG SEXY love her, haters gonna hate

• When she had short hait she wasn't that hot, with long hair yeah she's hot

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 31

• I don't think so, I reckon she's super pretty.

• Nope, I think she's gorgeous!

• It isn't just looks, although it plays a part. She's very intelligent and makes good statements. Also, who couldn't love Hermione Granger?

• I think the fact she tries so hard to do something other than just act is very cool with me.
    Also - Harry Potter - she was a very good actress.
    I haven't seen her most recent work, though.

• I personally thinks she's overrated also

• No. She is one of the few younger actresses that has class and doesn't need to do stupid things to stand out and she is super pretty.

• I think she's pretty and seems nice.
    In terms of looks to each their own, i personally think she is attractive but not really that typical Hollywood bombshell, so if you are comparing her to other actresses i'd say she's over rated but if you just look at her alone she's pretty.

I just keep thinking back to This Is The End, where all the guys describe her as a little sister... sorry pretty random

• No? I think she's gorgeous. You don't have to like her but don't be rude about it.

• I think she's pretty. She has an innocent look that reminds me a bit of Audrey Hepburn.

• No but Ariana Grande, Kate Upton and Jennifer L. Is.

• I'm not sure she's overrated. I think she's very pretty.

• With her long hair she's hot as fuck

• How can a face be overrated?
    She looks pretty with long hair.

I don't know, she looks pretty to me. I am just not obsessed with celebrities❤

• I think celebrities are extremely over rated in general and I can't take people who are obsessed with famous people they don't even know, seriously.

She is beautiful though.

• I thought she was the most beautiful actressI had ever seen in my entire life.

• I agree, i think she's overrated, but maybe my opinion is influenced by the fact that my friend has an annoying obsession with her...

• But she's gorgeous! <3

• i think a lot of guys like the girl next door look

• She's pretty but very "girl next door" in my opinion.

• I agree with you. I don't see that appeal. To me she is pretty but she isn't at the same time? she can be very plain in photos and in some movies. Great actress though.

• Not really. Kate Upton, Mila Kunis, Julia Roberts and Jennifer Lawrence I consider over rated.

• In my opinion Cara Delevingne is probably the most overrated. I don't really get the appeal.

• I think she's seriously pretty, smart and well rounded.

• ... hardly.
    EW = total natural beauty, especially in The Bling Ring :)

• meh.. I wouldn't notice her on the street. She's pretty-ish.

• Have u been drinking? If not, u need it.

• She got lucky to star in a huge movie.

• I think she's really pretty but in more of an everyday normal girl sort of way.

• I think she's beautiful. You're just jealous.

• She's attractive, but everyone has their tastes.

• More from Girls
    1