Most Helpful Opinions
I rarely do this.. Only if I truly don't feel like responding.. Be it I'm annoyed with that person etc. recently I've been accidentally doing it to people.. I text multiple people at once sometimes and it's hard to jump around between messaging 4 or 5 people.. So someone will get left on read sometimes 😅 I feel so bad when it happens too.. I'd rather delay a response than leave them on read. But yeah only when I'm annoyed or by accident lol.. Nice question!10
1. I forgot to respond
2. He or she left me on read before : p
3. I don't really feel the "connection" so I assume our conversation is over. Basically, I don't ask back/carry on conversation if I don't see that thing where you know conversation flows easily
4. I am just not in the mood10
Bored/lazy/got distracted by something else and forgot/their reply was stupid/I didn't feel like it was necessary to add on something/I felt like I was not smart enough to continue the conversation/fell asleep.
Many reasons actually.10
Maybe they didn't have any signal until they left the place they were at, so maybe it was late at night and hours after the conversation so s/he felt like there was no reason to text back. Maybe he thought there was no point because you weren't gonna reply anyways.
And/or maybe they were mad at you.26
Here are some of the main reason I would leave someone on read, starting from the most common reason:
1. If I know they only want me to read it and don't expect a reply from me.
2. If I can tell it's a broadcast message.
3. If I accidentally opened it.21
What Girls & Guys Said
If I didn't know how to respond, maybe10
I texted a girl (classmate) long ago. She didn't responded. After result she texted to ask how much I have scored. I just looked at the text thinking WOW. I reply mostly though I don't text back the person if the person talks only when he/she wishes. What about you?12
- They're being retarded
- They're being unreasonable
- They're not driving the conversation as well. I'm not gonna do all the fucken work if you aren't interested
- They say something so dense that I am at a loss for words, staring at said message for hours, unable to come up with a dignified/respectable response
- I passed out while reading due to a lack of sleep, too much alcohol or I got hit on the head again. Somehow
- I genuinely want to piss someone off10
I hate it so I try avoiding this. Especially on fb it's not needed where you can read the full message in the notification bar... so if I'm not in the mood or don't wanna reply for another reason, I'll just don't open it.
So, if I read it and don't reply then I it probably was something that didn't really needed a reply.10
I either can't answer atm, don't know what else to talk about or I Don't Wanna Talk To Them. Also I'm almost always thinking of things to talk about. Most of my friends are male so they always end up asking me what we should talk about so sometimes it's short.10
If I forgot to reply or delay of the reply due to work.
But most of the time boys only do it because some girls don't reply due to ego.
I really hate such persons.10
Usually cause they annoy me and I'm too nice to say so to their face
I forgot to reply
Usually thats it, if I really wanna talk to you I'll answer eventually10
If I'm angry at them and being petty and passive aggressive or if I accidentally opened it30
If family was over, if I was just wrapping up my lunch break, if it was 2 AM and I was tired AF, etc. Stuff when outside forces prevent me from responding immediately.10
I don't usually. I'm pretty rapid to respond. The only time is when someone has left me on read for a while.10
I don't like that person, don't want to talk to them, or they left me on read before so now I am getting revenge 😈10
Reason: to be the most irritating person in the world for the duration of their reply.20
Haha that meme made
i simply don't care. that's literally the only reason lol.10
I would leave if i felt they were starting a argument or i felt i was being lied to but i would get to the bottom of things before jumping the gun.10
Too annoying constantly texting me, Asking questions I don't feet comfortable with, I don't like you10
I try not to. If I don't want to reply I just don't open it.10
Usually never. Only when someones being annoying and i want to make it a point that i dont wanna talk to them10
I never leave someone on read i think its not good to do10
if i had the time to view the message but not to respond10
Most Helpful Opinions
- Forgot to reply
- Thought I hit "send"
- I have time to read but not to reply, some people write chapters and don't like it when I write one sentence
- They annoy me / being childish
- I fell asleep
- When I accidentally open a message and click on close but it's too late and don't want to reply anyways
- Sometimes I just need to think about what I want to say because I don't want to hurt their feelings
- Not in the mood
- Sometimes a reply isn't needed + if I don't feel like there's this "click" I probably won't continue